C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:22 AM
cRoe4
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E-Force Problems

Not sure where to start with this. I have tried searching this and other forums but can't seem to find a problem matching mine. So I have a 2006 Z06 with Stainless works long tube headers, Billy Boat full exhaust, An E-force supercharger, and a custom tune. All of this was installed at the same time around 40K miles. The car currently has about 70K on it.It made 572hp and 601lb-ft to the wheels on the dyno. Just recently it has started developing an interesting problem. When you really get into it at almost exactly 150mph the car with buck and lurch and no longer accelerate. This is at about 6000 rpm. In all other gears I can take the car all the way to redline no problem. It will hold the speed just fine however. If I shift into 5th it will resume accelerating but only slightly. The only code I have is P0208 and it is intermittent, it never seems to happen when I'm really going for it on the track. My guess would be fuel issue but I'm just not sure, without getting any codes for it and looking at data after it doesn't seem like a lean out condition. Could the traction control be kicking in to limit me? This issue has just started recently as when I first got the charger I could take it all the way up to 180mph no problem. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
Old 07-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Free bump...hope you get it resolved...
Nice numbers, what boost and is all else stock? Pulley sizes?
Good luck....
Old 07-17-2018, 10:17 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Cant help but feel like the bucking and P0208 are related, even though you say the symptoms don't coincide with one another. First and foremost, a healthy car should not be throwing codes. Something is going on with that #8 injector...so that's the first thing I try to fix. Perhaps move the injector to another hole and see if the problem moves with it. Intermittent or not, I'm guessing the bucking issues didn't show up until the P0208 code starting happening...yes or no?
Old 07-18-2018, 04:03 AM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cRoe4
Not sure where to start with this. I have tried searching this and other forums but can't seem to find a problem matching mine. So I have a 2006 Z06 with Stainless works long tube headers, Billy Boat full exhaust, An E-force supercharger, and a custom tune. All of this was installed at the same time around 40K miles. The car currently has about 70K on it.It made 572hp and 601lb-ft to the wheels on the dyno. Just recently it has started developing an interesting problem. When you really get into it at almost exactly 150mph the car with buck and lurch and no longer accelerate. This is at about 6000 rpm. In all other gears I can take the car all the way to redline no problem. It will hold the speed just fine however. If I shift into 5th it will resume accelerating but only slightly. The only code I have is P0208 and it is intermittent, it never seems to happen when I'm really going for it on the track. My guess would be fuel issue but I'm just not sure, without getting any codes for it and looking at data after it doesn't seem like a lean out condition. Could the traction control be kicking in to limit me? This issue has just started recently as when I first got the charger I could take it all the way up to 180mph no problem. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
weird cause I have a silimlar issue...very rare but very similar ....around 6k car hiccups

Last edited by c5mtl; 07-18-2018 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:28 PM
cRoe4
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have tested all the harness wiring but I will try moving the injector next time I'm in the engine bay. The weirdest part is how I only have the problem in 4th gear, I can rev it out flawlessly in other gears.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force Problems

Quick Reply: E-Force Problems