C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP Twin 6281 2005 M6

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 04:47 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Sub'd!

Also, I still say get rid of that intake and fuel rails.
Not to jack the thread, but....

Why is this? Is it a specific brand, or any of the aftermarket aluminum rails? What is the failure point when they leak?

I ask because we've used many of these both on mine and customer cars.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Not to jack the thread, but....

Why is this? Is it a specific brand, or any of the aftermarket aluminum rails? What is the failure point when they leak?

I ask because we've used many of these both on mine and customer cars.
There was a concern a few years back of FAST fuel rails leaking onto the manifolds and sparking an engine fire. This was due to the original mounting brackets being made poorly and causing them not to seat properly, but also because they were designed around the LS1/LS2/LS6 style injectors and the LS3 injectors are just a hair taller so properly installed there was still a bit of a gap. It is my understanding that the mounting bracket has been redesigned since then and I'm running an LS2 block and injectors, I did extensive research on this before purchasing them and have been running FAST fuel rails for over a year now checking them weekly without a single drop. Part of this problem also stems from improper installation, if the AN fittings aren't tightened exactly they will seep, whether over or under tightened. Gasoline is thin, especially when hot and not as forgiving as oil is when it comes to this. That being said, I have measured all the risk and had no component failures so I'm happy with them. Worst comes to worst if they don't hold up with increased fuel pressure I still have my factory fuel rail.
The following users liked this post:
CK@UPPCOS (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
In case you're wondering, yes it fits. Barely haha.
Off-topic of course but have you really considered how that rear wing is attached?

What I mean is that if that wing will really create a lot of downforce (like two fat man standing on top of it) at faster speeds then it may flex (at/or) the attachment points and supporting structure. And at those speeds that kind of flexibility may have interesting consequences on the wing characteristics and of course the stability of the car.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
Off-topic of course but have you really considered how that rear wing is attached?

What I mean is that if that wing will really create a lot of downforce (like two fat man standing on top of it) at faster speeds then it may flex (at/or) the attachment points and supporting structure. And at those speeds that kind of flexibility may have interesting consequences on the wing characteristics and of course the stability of the car.
We actually had a similar discussion on this thread
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...the-hatch.html
According to APR's testing the wing generates 1000 lbs of downforce at 180 mph. I have driven 170+ with the wing with no noticeable flex and plenty of stability and try to hit 150 mph+ at least once every other lap on the road course. The whole wing is solid with half of the mount being integrated into the wing itself and the other half being bolted through the hatch with solid aluminum reinforcements on the opposite side of the hatch. It also bolts on the farthest possible mounting surface which means it's on the part of the hatch that recesses in to the rear tub which is part of the rear subframe so the stress has plenty keeping reinforced while the hatch is latched. Unlatched is a different story however, so when driving it home I limited myself to 50 mph just in case. APR has been one of the leading companies in aero design for years and I trust their R&D on this one and it's application specific and real world tested.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
We actually had a similar discussion on this thread
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...the-hatch.html
According to APR's testing the wing generates 1000 lbs of downforce at 180 mph. I have driven 170+ with the wing with no noticeable flex and plenty of stability and try to hit 150 mph+ at least once every other lap on the road course. The whole wing is solid with half of the mount being integrated into the wing itself and the other half being bolted through the hatch with solid aluminum reinforcements on the opposite side of the hatch. It also bolts on the farthest possible mounting surface which means it's on the part of the hatch that recesses in to the rear tub which is part of the rear subframe so the stress has plenty keeping reinforced while the hatch is latched. Unlatched is a different story however, so when driving it home I limited myself to 50 mph just in case. APR has been one of the leading companies in aero design for years and I trust their R&D on this one and it's application specific and real world tested.
Thank you and sorry for the off-topic.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Not a problem! I love questions and any opportunity I have to help.
The following users liked this post:
CK@UPPCOS (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 02:56 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Subscribing...
Old 09-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Started installing the radiator drop brackets and FMIC but it started storming pretty good. Don't be surprised if you see my build floating away with hurricane Florence in the next few days 😳

Old 09-12-2018, 09:05 AM
CamdVette
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome build

sub’d!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:08 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Get the turbos to higher ground
Old 09-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Get the turbos to higher ground
My brother, Anakin, might not appreciate that too much
Old 09-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Had a little free time yesterday, got the radiator drop brackets in. Lowered the radiator, you have to loosen the lower hose a bit to get it to sit in the frame on the passenger side. I brought the hose off about a 1/4 of an inch on the radiator and block end, I'll have to check it once it's running to verify it holds pressure.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Installed the intercooler, cold side charge piping, and blow off valve. The intercooler bolts to two of the three bolts on the center air dam that runs across the radiator bracket. On the driver's side it will sit forward a little bit due to making contact with the tank on the condenser. I held the intercooler down with my left hand and tightened it with my right, this is another part that's easier with two people.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Definitely gonna have to blow out my condenser, it's full of gunk and road debris. I'll do that when I install the Mishi raditor in a couple weeks.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Pulled the driver's side turbo back off, wrapped all exhaust piping in DEI Titanium, and applied silicone to the downpipe flanges and bolted on the 4 bolt to V band brackets. When installing these brackets you're gonna want to drop the bolts into the bracket first and then line it up with the compressor housing and start each by hand then tighten them down with a 13mm wrench. careful not to overdo it with the silicone, it's a very small surface area.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:28 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Looking really good so far!
Old 09-15-2018, 09:22 AM
no0one718
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I almost hate seeing all that nice Stainless Steel hot side covered in wrap.

Very unique build, loving the progress.

Get notified of new replies

To UPP Twin 6281 2005 M6

Old 09-16-2018, 01:26 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by no0one718
I almost hate seeing all that nice Stainless Steel hot side covered in wrap.

Very unique build, loving the progress.
True, I feel the same way every time we ceramic coat a system, but it's not without cause, and it does play a noticeable difference, even in spool time.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:18 PM
camarokidz28
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
True, I feel the same way every time we ceramic coat a system, but it's not without cause, and it does play a noticeable difference, even in spool time.
Ceramic coat affects spool time? Lower temps lead to faster spooling?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:21 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Coating them helps with metal expansion,the tighter the pipe the faster the air flows. You can also flow coat them which coats the inside and acts like a filler. Makes air flow less turbulent and flows better.

Quick Reply: UPP Twin 6281 2005 M6