Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sloppyz Single Turbo Nitrous c6 z06

 
Old 10-21-2018, 07:01 PM
  #21  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jayyyw View Post
You plan to pull off the rail for nitrous?
Yes but it will be aftermarket rails with a larger feed from
the tank most likely. It will be on a very small shot 100 max.


This is is where I wish the trunk was separate from the cabin so I could do a surge tank with a couple pumps in it or a large external coming off the tank like I had on my STI. I hate the idea of all these little pumps on switches basically.
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 02:21 AM
  #22  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Currently in a large debate with my self.

Originally I wanted a cheap ls1 intake manifold. But it turns out they are not that cheap. For only $200-300 more by the time i buy the intake and some rails I could purchase a holly sniper or BTR intake manifold which will be alot nicer.

Open to ideas.
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 09:53 AM
  #23  
g23crawler
CF Senior Member
 
g23crawler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Lincoln Ne
Posts: 942
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Where are you looking? Should be able to pick up a used one for around $150, you'll have to cut the cowl with a sniper. Id love to see a new btr intake on one of these cars. Or if you dont care about the hood, do a high ram.
I also just did a ls6 intake swap on my buddies 99 c5, he may be willing to sell the intake. I think its a 3 bolt tb though.
g23crawler is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:57 PM
  #24  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 13,522
Received 1,229 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

You should be able to find inexpensive take-offs of just about any OE LS manifold you'd want on here.
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 02:05 AM
  #25  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

You guys both have a good point on the cheap takes offs I was having bad luck finding any good ones but after speaking to a friend he made a good point. I will have a truck one laying around and i already have to cut up the car a little bit. Might as well use the free manifold and scream high ram mafia....just a really poverty version of course.

Also tracked down a used comp cam today that fits the bill.

Hopefully this or next weekend I will buy a case of beer and attempt to put together this 5.3 I have in the garage.
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:56 PM
  #26  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Well finally tried the whole get drunk and put a motor together technique. Still a ways to go but its one step closer.

Also ordered a bunch of gaskets and my cam. Ended up with ls6 head gaskets and a btr stg 2 turbo cam.





Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 12:37 PM
  #27  
jayyyw
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Austin Tx
Posts: 3,279
Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

In for progress.. Thinking hard about doing the same thing.
jayyyw is online now  
Old 11-28-2018, 01:01 PM
  #28  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jayyyw View Post
In for progress.. Thinking hard about doing the same thing.
still working away
waiting on heads to get back from machine shop and then I can assemble the longblock

with a little luck thereís is a chance Iíll get to put the motor in this weekend but thatís only if I didnít forget to order a bunch of little things
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 02:57 PM
  #29  
jayyyw
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Austin Tx
Posts: 3,279
Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

Keep at it!

I've pretty much made up my mind. I think a turbo car would be much more fun to drive than a N/A car. You don't have to rev it out as far to get some speed out of it.
jayyyw is online now  
Old 11-28-2018, 03:16 PM
  #30  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jayyyw View Post
Keep at it!

I've pretty much made up my mind. I think a turbo car would be much more fun to drive than a N/A car. You don't have to rev it out as far to get some speed out of it.
Yeah i I have always enjoyed driving turbo cars a lot more then my na h/c c6s. The way Iím doing it cheap and dirty it wonít be as daily friendly but you can easily do so with some effort.

The biggest thing I like with this stuff is with a turbo setup you can get away with a lot cheaper of motors. I think all in gaskets oil pan heads ect from scratch I will have around a grand into my longblock.
When it breaks I just will need another couple hundred dollar block and send it again.
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 05:12 PM
  #31  
jayyyw
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Austin Tx
Posts: 3,279
Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post


Yeah i I have always enjoyed driving turbo cars a lot more then my na h/c c6s. The way Iím doing it cheap and dirty it wonít be as daily friendly but you can easily do so with some effort.

The biggest thing I like with this stuff is with a turbo setup you can get away with a lot cheaper of motors. I think all in gaskets oil pan heads ect from scratch I will have around a grand into my longblock.
When it breaks I just will need another couple hundred dollar block and send it again.
Yeah man. I'm going to stay tuned for this one. Grab some pointers!
jayyyw is online now  
Old 12-02-2018, 07:08 PM
  #32  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Well some parts came in the mail so I got some work done this weekend.

Some other things also got ordered. LS2 intake manifold from a member on here. Also got some bosch 210lb injectors and some random odds and ends like a turbo drain line setup new front timing cover ect.

Found out I cannot use the factory ECU as the injectors will be too big so I will be purchasing the DSX tuning upgraded ECM soon.

Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 09:44 AM
  #33  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Well finally got most of everything I need to put the motor into the car.
First up will be measuring for the pushrod length tonight after i pick some rockers up from a buddy.
Goal is to be able to put the motor back into the car tomorrow/sunday but we will see what really ends up happening.

I am back on the debate train of rather i rip my nitrous stuff out or not. Part of me feels like it will end up being pointless and turbine limited anyways other part says send it.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 12-14-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 09:51 AM
  #34  
g23crawler
CF Senior Member
 
g23crawler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Lincoln Ne
Posts: 942
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Well finally got most of everything I need to put the motor into the car.
First up will be measuring for the pushrod length tonight after i pick some rockers up from a buddy.
Goal is to be able to put the motor back into the car tomorrow/sunday but we will see what really ends up happening.
Do I need to grab a dirty 30 for some motivation?
g23crawler is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM
  #35  
Pb82 Ronin
CF Senior Member
 
Pb82 Ronin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Out back
Posts: 2,759
Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

KEEP IT!!! And run one of these: (It's sweet because you can run the spray to help you spool, and then shut it off at a certain boost level. I ran mine until 12 psi when my turbo's started really spooling, then the main kit shut off and transitioned to a dry shot across the intercooler.) http://www.zex.com/zx/boost-activated-switchhtml/

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 12-14-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Pb82 Ronin is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 11:06 AM
  #36  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin View Post
KEEP IT!!! And run one of these: (It's sweet because you can run the spray to help you spool, and then shut it off at a certain boost level. I ran mine until 12 psi when my turbo's started really spooling, then the main kit shut off and transitioned to a dry shot across the intercooler.) http://www.zex.com/zx/boost-activated-switchhtml/

That is a option much cheaper then the controllers I have seen that say NX sells.

Maybe ill leave it wired up and keep that switch in mind and see how the car spools first.
How big is the turbo on your car?
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 12:30 PM
  #37  
Pb82 Ronin
CF Senior Member
 
Pb82 Ronin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Out back
Posts: 2,759
Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

I had twin 57's with .64 housings.
Pb82 Ronin is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 12:55 AM
  #38  
_RICH_972_
Junior Member
 
_RICH_972_'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 41
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Subscribing! Cannot wait to see the final results!
_RICH_972_ is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 10:32 AM
  #39  
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Shortpersonbk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Posts: 313
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Some updates. First up is new lighting in the garage...went from 3 basic light blubs in the garage + the 4 in the garage door openers to this. Hurts a little to look up but no more shadows i something like 10x the amount of lumens in the garage which was not bad for a pnp solution that cost $120.


Got some more work done on the motor. Fitting is welded to the pan for the turbo oil drain front cover is on and new crank pulley is on.



Started to check for pushrod length and ran into some really annoying issues doing that. These comp bar link short travel lifters are a pain to measure vs oem ls7s or the full travel morals i have used in the past. These require a near 0 lash cold which gives you little margin for error vs the .05-.1 that people suggest for the ls7s. Then on top of that with no lifter trays it is more difficult to get the push rod checker to sit on the right spot on the lifter and if your not paying attention you can actually drop the push rod checker into the motor and need to use a magnet to fish it out lol.

Either way i have a educated guess on my pushrod size i will try first im going to give it around a .02 pre load as that is the closest size rod you can order.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 12-24-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Shortpersonbk is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 12:12 PM
  #40  
jayyyw
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Austin Tx
Posts: 3,279
Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Some updates. First up is new lighting in the garage...went from 3 basic light blubs in the garage + the 4 in the garage door openers to this. Hurts a little to look up but no more shadows i something like 10x the amount of lumens in the garage which was not bad for a pnp solution that cost $120.


Got some more work done on the motor. Fitting is welded to the pan for the turbo oil drain front cover is on and new crank pulley is on.



Started to check for pushrod length and ran into some really annoying issues doing that. These comp bar link short travel lifters are a pain to measure vs oem ls7s or the full travel morals i have used in the past. These require a near 0 lash cold which gives you little margin for error vs the .05-.1 that people suggest for the ls7s. Then on top of that with no lifter trays it is more difficult to get the push rod checker to sit on the right spot on the lifter and if your not paying attention you can actually drop the push rod checker into the motor and need to use a magnet to fish it out lol.

Either way i have a educated guess on my pushrod size i will try first im going to give it around a .02 pre load as that is the closest size rod you can order.
Don't guess on this step. You can order custom pushrods for the exact length you need.

Also, while the motor is out, I would not use a OEM balancer. It'll eventually fail and likely sooner rather than later.

I have a "new" ATI balancer for the wet sump for sale. Hit me up if you're interested.
jayyyw is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sloppyz Single Turbo Nitrous c6 z06


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: