C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sloppyz Single Turbo Nitrous c6 z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 12:58 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Left a comment
Old 02-21-2019, 10:09 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by g23crawler
Left a comment
lol....its true

I think it is better then the first and hopefully it continues that way.

Tonight we start looking into making the turbo kit. I think that will provide some decent content and a big step forward for the car.

Everyday that goes on i am more and more and more leaning towards shoving the turbo out the hood and calling it a day. Realistically it would be cheaper better and easier we could probably have a running car in 2 or 3 weeks if I did that and that is only because we can only work on it like 2 nights a week for a couple hours at a time.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:42 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by g23crawler
Left a comment
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk
lol....its true

I think it is better then the first and hopefully it continues that way.

Tonight we start looking into making the turbo kit. I think that will provide some decent content and a big step forward for the car.

Everyday that goes on i am more and more and more leaning towards shoving the turbo out the hood and calling it a day. Realistically it would be cheaper better and easier we could probably have a running car in 2 or 3 weeks if I did that and that is only because we can only work on it like 2 nights a week for a couple hours at a time.

I may have agreed with him...

LOL but nah. You're doing good man. I think everyone's first videos are always the rockiest. You aren't used to being on camera so you kind of stumble on some stuff and it seems boring, but you find ways to make it more exciting and think of new things.

Best thing to do is just ask for opinions from viewers and see what everyone wants to see, then weed out the good/bad. No criticism is bad!!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:12 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

It would get plenty of fresh air...

Old 02-21-2019, 03:00 PM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Seems like the arbor press worked out well. I was able to do my CHE trunions on my bench vice without issues, but it seems you dont have yours set up yet lol.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:15 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

I wish I had more time to sit down and watch stuff like that, I don't even have time to finish mine let alone watch someone else finish theirs lol
Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

We did end up starting it last night and decided to go high and out the hood. As the list grew of cooling, oil return, bracing, intake filter room ect it just seemed pointless to go low and 90 degrees. Our next meet up will be saturday to start doing alot more welding then last night with some hope we will have most if not all the of manifold tack welded on saturday at which point ill share some pictures of what we came up with. We had a couple goals the biggest one is i dont want to run through plug wires like cleetus does so we are going to spend alot of time making that a priority.
The following users liked this post:
MTPZ06 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

More more more.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:42 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Well this is a stupid double post but went out did a little more work and got more pictures. Currently have everything needed that we could find ordered to finish the car minus the oil feed line and catch can. I really want to find a cheap ebay can to use. The oil feed is a whole different story. I was measuring and on the safe side i need around 6 feed of feed line which surprise no one sells so ill have to find a local shop to make it. To add to that annoyance we use -4 an lines that are stainless and crimped at work but they are too strict for me to be able to steal it.

A decent pic of the bay while we were deciding turbo placement.

Also finally buttoned up the rear fuse box. I ended up deciding to let it be a little messy rather then drill any holes to make all the wires go under the box. It all hides well when the cubby its shut anyways and it is easy to remove to work on things. Also made sure to leave a extra wire from the front to the rear incase i decide to add anything in the future.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 02-24-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:30 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Dude,

All you need is here:
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...s+%26+Fittings

EVERYTHIGN turbo related can be found here.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:48 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Except that place doesn’t have pre made feed lines for anything over 48”? Apparently you can’t find everything there!
You can just make a feed line with brained hose and an fittings. Also they are on amazon, just a quick search I found a 60” one. I’ll check what I have when I’m back from the mountains. I have a crap ton of 4an line and fittings. Not that they aren’t cheap if you just wanna buy some. Just use good quality fittings and line.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:19 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Making your own lines are not hard at all...not even a little bit. I made all my own when I went turbo. Just saying...this shouldn't be hard...
Old 02-24-2019, 10:20 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

I guess i could make my own normally i just do the crimped on stuff for oil feed line the rest i have always made my own. The more i think about it i have ran in the 70-80psi of fuel pressure without leaks in my lines so this should be similar.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:15 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

We did end up starting it last night and decided to go high and out the hood.
So with that decision, are you going back to a full size (or OE) radiator?
Old 02-25-2019, 09:44 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
So with that decision, are you going back to a full size (or OE) radiator?
Correct full size radiator. It was part of the process of deciding.

We basically just laid both options out and the negatives and positives of both and that made the choice pretty easy for me.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:45 AM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Just make your own oil feed line. -4an and some fittings. Easy.

Looking forward to seeing how the hot side is routed
Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Yeah I know making the lines is easy I have done fuel lines with AN in a couple cars I just always have used crimp on for oil feeds sadly my guy who did all that work no longer does it and now wants to just sell me the machine to do it lol.

I spoke to my work though if i buy the fittings/lines I can crimp it here we use the exact fittings/ptfe stainless lines I want to use on our hotrunner systems.

Get notified of new replies

To Sloppyz Single Turbo Nitrous c6 z06

Old 02-27-2019, 07:15 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Got something in the mail that i am pretty excited about. This may seem like a small step but this is great for all you other guys that are also doing turbo stuff with similar builds right now. This is a completely PNP 3 bar map sensor for only $35. Now we can only use 2.5 bar of it but it does not matter. There are only two other options on the market right now one is $160 and is a gutted oem one with a new sensor inserted into it and the other is the zr1 sensor that you have to modify your manifold to fit. I found this online after being told to buy the other map sensor they offer on this site by the guy who will be doing my shake down tuning and decided to roll the dice on the pnp version vs the external it paid off.

https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/ls...ar-map-sensor/
The following users liked this post:
v8sten (10-12-2020)
Old 02-27-2019, 08:14 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Got something in the mail that i am pretty excited about. This may seem like a small step but this is great for all you other guys that are also doing turbo stuff with similar builds right now. This is a completely PNP 3 bar map sensor for only $35. Now we can only use 2.5 bar of it but it does not matter. There are only two other options on the market right now one is $160 and is a gutted oem one with a new sensor inserted into it and the other is the zr1 sensor that you have to modify your manifold to fit. I found this online after being told to buy the other map sensor they offer on this site by the guy who will be doing my shake down tuning and decided to roll the dice on the pnp version vs the external it paid off.

https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/ls...ar-map-sensor/
That isn't true.

Using virtual VE you can go as high as you want.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:33 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Does this exclude ls3 cars? I didn't know there was an issue with running a different map sensor. Mine is a gm performance 3 bar and was like $37 from summit.

Quick Reply: Sloppyz Single Turbo Nitrous c6 z06