C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dart shp ls next block oil starvation issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 09:51 PM
techchris
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dart shp ls next block oil starvation issues

I have a 427" dart shp ls next block with dart cnc ported heads and a ysi-b blower. car is suffering from extreme oil starvation during a pull. oil pressure will drop to 10psi in seconds. engine has stock c6 pan and a standard volume melling oil pump.. I have tried installing a restrictor to limit top end oiling as I thought it was sucking the pan dry. no change thoughts??
Old 10-08-2018, 10:34 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by techchris
I have a 427" dart shp ls next block with dart cnc ported heads and a ysi-b blower. car is suffering from extreme oil starvation during a pull. oil pressure will drop to 10psi in seconds. engine has stock c6 pan and a standard volume melling oil pump.. I have tried installing a restrictor to limit top end oiling as I thought it was sucking the pan dry. no change thoughts??
check that restrictor holes are not to large and filling your front cover with oil instead
Old 10-08-2018, 12:54 PM
blackdak318
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Did you check pick up to pan clearance? Might be too tight. The dart block has basically fixed any oiling issues a production GM block has.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:36 PM
techchris
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not checked the pickup tube clearance.

Get notified of new replies

To dart shp ls next block oil starvation issues

Quick Reply: dart shp ls next block oil starvation issues