C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 2013 Grand Sport with A&A T-trim kit and !stock exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 04:58 PM
albert4575
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock 2013 Grand Sport with A&A T-trim kit and !stock exhaust!

Hello,

I recently just purchased my first corvette, a 2013 grand sport. This is also my first serious car (my last was an 07 mustang gt with mild bolt-ons). I just wanted some advice on my build from people who know what they're doing and have been doing this for a while. I already ordered the A&A t-trim kit and i'm trying to make around 600 rwhp. I have done some reading and seen that the blower itself wont get me to that number. So i am asking what i should do.

1.) My first consideration was the Alky methanol kit. I know that this could get me to that number and I've read is a better option for forced induction cars. But the problem i'd have is that its quite difficult to find places that sell methanol in Europe (see explanation below).

2.) My second option is getting a full ZO6 exhaust. I'm not too sure if this alone would get me to the power level i'd like or not.

The only complications i have is that the exhaust system must remain stock with the cats because i am sending the car to Europe by the end of the year. They are very strict on pollution and noise levels there. Are there any other mods that you guys would recommend that could bring me to that power level? Maybe shorty headers. I know a cam would help a lot but i would like to keep the engine internally as stock as possible and from what i understand a cam is a pretty labor intensive install.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 736 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by albert4575
Hello,

I recently just purchased my first corvette, a 2013 grand sport. This is also my first serious car (my last was an 07 mustang gt with mild bolt-ons). I just wanted some advice on my build from people who know what they're doing and have been doing this for a while. I already ordered the A&A t-trim kit and i'm trying to make around 600 rwhp. I have done some reading and seen that the blower itself wont get me to that number. So i am asking what i should do.

1.) My first consideration was the Alky methanol kit. I know that this could get me to that number and I've read is a better option for forced induction cars. But the problem i'd have is that its quite difficult to find places that sell methanol in Europe (see explanation below).

2.) My second option is getting a full ZO6 exhaust. I'm not too sure if this alone would get me to the power level i'd like or not.

The only complications i have is that the exhaust system must remain stock with the cats because i am sending the car to Europe by the end of the year. They are very strict on pollution and noise levels there. Are there any other mods that you guys would recommend that could bring me to that power level? Maybe shorty headers. I know a cam would help a lot but i would like to keep the engine internally as stock as possible and from what i understand a cam is a pretty labor intensive install.

2008 LS3 with A&A SI trim 3.8" pulley with Z06 full exhaust, no other performance mods dyno at 595 rwhp. The Z06 manifolds are shorty headers, four individual tubes that meet at the collector. Easier to pass smog emissions than headers and quieter.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 01-11-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:43 PM
QuickSilver750
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is e85 available in Europe? You would easily make 600 with boost and e85
Old 01-10-2019, 04:25 PM
albert4575
Intermediate

Thank you for the advice!
Old 01-10-2019, 04:26 PM
albert4575
Intermediate

I have never seen e85 when i was there.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:10 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

you can buy 100% methyl hydrate (methanol) in just about any hardware store or industrial supply store just about anywhere.One of its many uses is in truck brake air lines to prevent freezing.If they have transports in Europe they will have methyl hydrate.Headers or Z-06 exhaust manifolds,methanol and T-Trim will easily put you well over 600rwhp

Last edited by irok; 01-10-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:21 PM
C6KWJ
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Hello,

I would not recommend pushing 600 rwhp on a stock motor even with a great tune. If forged parts is not in your budget opt for mid 500 rwhp and again a great tune.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:26 PM
C6KWJ
Racer

Also, I would have purchased a Whipple blower instead of a centri. Two reasons the low end torque of a Whipple is awesome it will feel faster and more fun to drive and to be honest a centri blower doesn’t really start to build boost until north of 3500 rpms and pulls to redline. The problem with this usable power on the street.

PS I had a previous centri on my mustang GT with forged motor and a Whipple is where it is at.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

600rwhp+ on a centri on a SBE isn't an issue at all, provided you're running meth or E85. I wouldn't worry about that

I mean, I would do both.. alky control and full Z06 exhaust, manifolds to tips
Old 01-10-2019, 08:00 PM
C6KWJ
Racer

Originally Posted by schpenxel
600rwhp+ on a centri on a SBE isn't an issue at all, provided you're running meth or E85. I wouldn't worry about that

Yes, meth helps but why did GM decide to put forged pistons in the ZR1 at 638 flywheel HP? Manufacturers don’t spend money for higher quality parts for no reason. They do this for longevity, R&D and testing.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:11 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Of course they did. They also don't have the benefit of meth injection or E85 and have to warranty the car even for the occasional idiot that throws a tank of 87 in it by accident.

That doesn't mean the stock cast pistons won't survive 600rhwp for a very long time as long as you avoid knock
Old 01-10-2019, 10:37 PM
albert4575
Intermediate

Thank you for the answer. Should i get the zo6 exhaust and try to mate the 3" to my 2.5" mufflers or should i just get the zo6 mufflers too?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by C6KWJ

I would not recommend pushing 600 rwhp on a stock motor even with a great tune. If forged parts is not in your budget opt for mid 500 rwhp and again a great tune.
#scared. See my sig...stock heads and bottom end. All day long. Done road trips, 1/2 mi races, and whatever.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:07 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Thank you for the answer. Should i get the zo6 exhaust and try to mate the 3" to my 2.5" mufflers or should i just get the zo6 mufflers too?
my car has z06 manifolds, cats, and x pipe. I had 3” built from ther out the back. It’s mainly sound...power giants would be so minimal vs the z06 axle back you may not even be able to duplicate on a dyno. It was a sound choice for me and I dig it.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Also, I would have purchased a Whipple blower instead of a centri. Two reasons the low end torque of a Whipple is awesome it will feel faster and more fun to drive and to be honest a centri blower doesn’t really start to build boost until north of 3500 rpms and pulls to redline. The problem with this usable power on the street.

PS I had a previous centri on my mustang GT with forged motor and a Whipple is where it is at.

A corvette isn't a mustang. Either blower if set up right will blow the tires off and be more than enough power for the street.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realcanuk
A corvette isn't a mustang. Either blower if set up right will blow the tires off and be more than enough power for the street.
so freaking correct!!!!!! We shift gears...some folks don’t realize that. Also, you aren’t fast unless you can make that power stick to the ground....plus the lighter weight corvette etc...yadda yadda
Old 01-11-2019, 12:37 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Power wise I doubt it will matter. I did both so I could open/close the flaps on the Z06 exhaust and so I didn't have to modify anything... it all just bolted on
Old 01-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 736 Likes on 475 Posts

Power wise I doubt it will matter. I did both so I could open/close the flaps on the Z06 exhaust and so I didn't have to modify anything... it all just bolted on
It also makes service work under the car, i.e. fuel tanks, drive train, etc., easy to unbolt and drop vs dealing with welds.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 01-11-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:06 PM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

LOLOL so the thousands of people running over 650whp for thousands and thousands of miles without issue are all “special cases” then. This reminds me of when the Z06 came out and everyone said they couldn’t be boosted. Now look, there’s hundreds of 700+ SBE LS7’s running around.

Get notified of new replies

To Stock 2013 Grand Sport with A&A T-trim kit and !stock exhaust!

Quick Reply: Stock 2013 Grand Sport with A&A T-trim kit and !stock exhaust!