C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's been a journey !

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default It's been a journey !

Sold the vette a few weeks back. Not sure what will replace it yet, but just wanted to say it has been a fun journey. From buying the car almost new, through various stages up to the 1000 hp beast it became, the forum has been a help and appreciated.
I still browse the threads and put in my 2 cents here and there, and its nice too see a bunch of the older (and some new) names still giving out great advice and sharing knowledge. There does seem to be a trend towards quite a bit of, I will say "misinformation" around lately. I don't think anyone means bad by it, I think some just tend to repeat what they have heard or read, without actually having the experience on the topic or parts discussed. There is nothing like actual experience.

I wish everyone well...………………….
The following 3 users liked this post by realcanuk:
BIGMAC (05-12-2019), Dimewise (05-03-2019), lt1z (05-13-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Wow! Best of luck in whatever direction you wind up going!
Hope you stick around, appreciate your experience on this forum!

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Sold the vette a few weeks back. Not sure what will replace it yet, but just wanted to say it has been a fun journey. From buying the car almost new, through various stages up to the 1000 hp beast it became, the forum has been a help and appreciated.
I still browse the threads and put in my 2 cents here and there, and its nice too see a bunch of the older (and some new) names still giving out great advice and sharing knowledge. There does seem to be a trend towards quite a bit of, I will say "misinformation" around lately. I don't think anyone means bad by it, I think some just tend to repeat what they have heard or read, without actually having the experience on the topic or parts discussed. There is nothing like actual experience.

The following users liked this post:
CI GS (05-06-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 11:06 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Wow! Best of luck in whatever direction you wind up going!
Hope you stick around, appreciate your experience on this forum!

Thanks... since I am at my computer all day while working, I will be around for sure.
Quiky One (05-07-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 09:16 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk

Man, Jody, I can’t believe you sold that car. It feels like I’ve just learned that two old friends got divorced. Your labour of love with your car was certainly an inspiration for me personally, and you’ve been a fantastic source of solid advice to all of us on these forums throughout the time I’ve been a member, which has helped me learn a lot. So I’m glad to hear that you’ll still be around man, because your departure from these forums would certainly be a loss to us all.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:32 PM
GaragedLS2
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Youve been a real asset to the forums. I dont know much about these cars but have put in a good effort to wrench on mine and do some upgrades when time permitted. I know you've helped guide me in a couple scenarios when I ran into issues. Sad to see you move on but I think thats part of this car game we play. Good luck in whatever endeavors you decide to take on in the future
CI GS (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 03:49 PM
harleyreb1
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have enjoyed your advice over the years and hope you will be available in the future! You are a straight shooter
Old 05-06-2019, 03:51 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Thank you all.. it has been fun..
Old 05-06-2019, 03:53 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CI GS
Man, Jody, I can’t believe you sold that car. It feels like I’ve just learned that two old friends got divorced. Your labour of love with your car was certainly an inspiration for me personally, and you’ve been a fantastic source of solid advice to all of us on these forums throughout the time I’ve been a member, which has helped me learn a lot. So I’m glad to hear that you’ll still be around man, because your departure from these forums would certainly be a loss to us all.

You are carrying on the tradition of stopping at nothing to achieve your goal. The car was picked up Saturday. I took the guy for a drive to show him some stuff and almost gave him his money back. LOL..
Going to miss it, but something else will come along soon.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:19 AM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

C8 Jody?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:09 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Enjoyed your contributions over the years. You were spot on.

Just a warning.....I sold my supercharged Grand Sport a couple years back. Thought I would be good with a Chevy SS (four door sedan, not the Camaro). I drove it for a year. It had an LS3 under the hood and an M6 tranny. Absolutely fun ride....but, it wasn't a Vette. Sold it and ended up buying my third C6. A base model 2013 M6 for a little over $20K. My son and I just finished a heads, cam, suspension upgrade. Not brutally fast, but 500rwhp in a 3200# Vette is still a fun ride.

I hope you find something that scratches the itch!
Old 05-09-2019, 10:40 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Enjoyed your contributions over the years. You were spot on.

Just a warning.....I sold my supercharged Grand Sport a couple years back. Thought I would be good with a Chevy SS (four door sedan, not the Camaro). I drove it for a year. It had an LS3 under the hood and an M6 tranny. Absolutely fun ride....but, it wasn't a Vette. Sold it and ended up buying my third C6. A base model 2013 M6 for a little over $20K. My son and I just finished a heads, cam, suspension upgrade. Not brutally fast, but 500rwhp in a 3200# Vette is still a fun ride.

I hope you find something that scratches the itch!
Thanks. Nice to hear. I have no idea what is next. I am in the middle of moving and don't really have time to think about it. It will be something fun and interesting for sure.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:57 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

You've helped me alot though the last couple years on my build, glad to have you around. I just sold my build too, might have a few tears but excited to start a new journey.
Best of luck, dont do anything too crazy.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:45 AM
renegade123
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Keep up with the good advice here on the forum, many of us appreciate it
Old 05-10-2019, 12:54 PM
ZincGT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I recently did the same thing, I had an offer that made sense so I took it. I recently picked up a 6th Gen ZL1
Old 05-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

One of the best people on here with nothing but solid advice.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:32 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Hope you stick around! Don't forget us
Old 05-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Good luck on the next car!

Get notified of new replies

To It's been a journey !

Quick Reply: It's been a journey !