C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with SD tune!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 10:10 AM
wilburbill
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Please help with SD tune!

O7 Vette LS2, ECS supercharger, ID 1050 injectors, BAP, long tubes and off road X pipe. I have been living with the car on a MAF tune for a year or so and it ran ok but was not right. It had some surge at lower speeds but little to no KR. I was wanting to add meth and turn it up a bit and decided to go to a SD tune. I had tried this several years ago without much success but thought since I have a bit more experience I would try it again. I have been working on the cruise areas using stft and ltft and am getting it close. While logging last night I decided to do a short 3rd gear pull and that pull went well with very little KR so I decided to do another this time a bit harder. It ran like crap on that pull and even coughed and lost power. I checked the log on that pull and had 5* + of KR! Just for a test I added a can of Boostane and added some fuel to the PE table from 5000 up and did a light 3rd gear pull to 60mph and still had 2.5* KR! I'm at a loss of what to do now. I have no Idea why I got the cough/loss of power on that 2nd pull but looking at the log the VE Air and Dyn Air take a nose dive to 0. I am posting the logs of both pulls and the tune that was in it when it happened. I have a log of the 3rd pull with the Boostane if anyone needs to see it. Also I did not shut the car off between the 1st and 2nd pull.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
5-3-19 pull 3rd.hpl (377.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: hpl
5-3-19 pull #2.hpl (1.11 MB, 21 views)
Old 05-04-2019, 12:08 PM
wilburbill
Instructor

Car coughed under a pull this morning. I put MAF tune back in and it pulls hard but still have about 2.5* KR. It has to be false, I have a whole can of Boostane in it! Here is the MAF tune..
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
MAF, fix SES light.hpt (716.0 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-04-2019, 05:13 PM
wilburbill
Instructor

It was suggested to me that it could be spark blow out. I have new TR6 plugs in it gapped to .035. It was suggested that I close the gap to 28-30. I will try that and report back.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:32 PM
wilburbill
Instructor

Gapped at .030 runs like a raped ape! Helped the KR issue quite a bit too. Still open to any comments on the tune. I'm still working on it but any help would be appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help with SD tune!

Quick Reply: Please help with SD tune!