C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy performance flow charger install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 05:04 PM
ls1says
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Easy performance flow charger install?

I bought a used a&a supercharger kit for my 07’ C6 Ls2 and it came with an Easy Performance Flow Charger which is essentially a boost a pump. Has anyone ever used this before? Looking for instructions so I don’t mess anything up lol

Last edited by ls1says; 05-05-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 AM
ls1says
Advanced

Still looking for some help on this. There are three terminals as you can see in the picture. From my understanding the "B+" terminal is the power from the fuse/relay box under the hood, Ground terminal is to a good ground, and where I am having confusion is the "Pump" terminal and a pink wire coming from the set of looms at the top of the flowcharger (small pink wire that is connected to a bigger gauge wire with a blue splice at the end in the picture). I thought I would just need to splice the "Pump" terminal wire straight into the power wire at the fuel pump but then I'm left with the smaller pink wire that I'm not sure where it goes to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:58 AM
wilburbill
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The small pink wire is probably the exciter wire. Did you get a Hobbs switch with the kit? The Hobbs switch hooks to a vacuum line under the hood and that pink wire, when it senses pressure (around 3-4 psi) it either closes or opens depending on the brand of Boost-A-Pump and that activates the Boost-A-Pump.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 AM
wilburbill
Instructor

Old 05-20-2019, 08:07 AM
wilburbill
Instructor

While you are at it do yourself a favor and get a Racetronics harness kit for the fuel pump wiring. It is a way better setup than the stock harness. The other side of the Hobbs switch goes to ground.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:09 AM
wilburbill
Instructor

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-C5A-FPWH-2.html
Old 05-20-2019, 02:23 PM
ls1says
Advanced

Old 05-20-2019, 02:25 PM
ls1says
Advanced

Above are some better photos. The kit was bought used and Hobbs switch was already attached and wired up.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:20 PM
wilburbill
Instructor

Ok, that would be the original wire that powers the fuel pump. You cut that wire and hook the booster between it.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:27 PM
wilburbill
Instructor

This is a very good write up on installing everything. The first page is a listing of all the different installs of parts of the supercharger kit. It's a different kit but it might be helpful. The BAP in this kit is different than yours but install will be the same.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-ecs-fsp.html
Old 05-21-2019, 07:54 PM
ls1says
Advanced

Awesome. I also I found this diagram on Ecs, I would be splitting the grey wire, connecting the red “pump” wire to the grey wire going towards the fuse/relay box, and the other end would be connecting the pink wire to grey wire going towards the fuel pump. Essentially Using the BAP as the bridge for the grey wire?

Last edited by ls1says; 05-21-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:08 PM
wilburbill
Instructor

Yes, you cut that wire but I would say that the wire labeled "Pump" goes to the fuel pump. That's why its heavy gauge with a big terminal at the BAP. The little pink wire hooks to the other side of the fuel pump wire (toward relay/fuse box) . Basically when you start the car the small pink wire signals the BAP and it turns on the fuel pump by powering up the big "Pump" wire. Then when you build boost around 4 psi the hobbs switch either opens or closes and that tells the BAP to increase voltage to the pump.

Last edited by wilburbill; 05-21-2019 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 05-22-2019, 01:13 AM
ls1says
Advanced

That makes a lot more sense. I finally get it lol thanks!

On a side note. Where would you mount it? I've heard of people mounting it near the fuse/relay box and also near the driver side rear wheel well. I also read somewhere that there's more potential for the wiring to short/burn up if you run it near the fuse box?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:03 AM
wilburbill
Instructor

Mine is mounted like in the link I posted, at the left rear. I removed the fender liner and mounted it in there. I also used a Racetronics harness. My opinion is that you will be pushing more voltage through the stock fuel pump wiring than it was designed to handle so the closer the BAP is to the fuel pump the better. But if you do that there needs to be a bigger B+ wire from the battery to BAP. That's why I mounted at the rear and used the Racetronics harness. It's also a cleaner install. That Racetronics harness also has a break out for the BAP. A lot of people just stick the BAP in and call it good but my only concern is that you don't want to loose fuel pressure and run lean in boost.

Last edited by wilburbill; 05-22-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Easy performance flow charger install?

Quick Reply: Easy performance flow charger install?