C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Test BAP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 884 Posts
Default How to Test BAP?

Hello.

I have an E-force installed on my 2011 Grand Sport. I purchased a Boost-A-Pump and the 3.5 inch pulley to be at the 599 HP level with the kit. I am certain that I installed the BAP and Hobbe's switch correctly but I would like to test it to make sure.

Would someone be able to explain what I need to do to cause the Hobbe's switch to activate and also tell me which wire or wires on the fuel pump harness I need to monitor for the voltage increase?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:25 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

The Hobbs switch simply closes the circuit when the boost reaches the trigger point (usually 2 or 4 psi) which activates the BAP to send a higher voltage to the pump.
All I did to test mine from time to time was to use a short jumper wire to bridge the terminals on the Hobbs switch and then turn the key on to the Acc position to cycle the fuel pump on a couple of times with the jumper connected and then disconnected and listened to the pump. You should hear a distinct difference in the tone of the pump when the jumper is connected if the BAP is working. That’s my quick and dirty way to field test it.

Last edited by CI GS; 05-10-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 732 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
The Hobbs switch simply closes the circuit when the boost reaches the trigger point (usually 2 or 4 psi) which activates the BAP to send a higher voltage to the pump.
All I did to test mine from time to time was to use a short jumper wire to bridge the terminals on the Hobbs switch and then turn the key on to the Acc position to cycle the fuel pump on a couple of times with the jumper connected and then disconnected and listened to the pump. You should hear a distinct difference in the tone of the pump when the jumper is connected if the BAP is working. That’s my quick and dirty way to field test it.

Just to add, while jumping the hobb switch quickly use a voltmeter to check voltage between the BAP and fuel pump. It should read 17.5 volts, if so the BAP is doing its job.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 05-11-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To How to Test BAP?

Quick Reply: How to Test BAP?