C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 04:49 PM
donnyt
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk
Proper tire pressure in your et streets will fix the floating issues on the big end. I complained about same thing about my et streets that are on the blower car and a friend said it wasnt normal fixed the tire pressure and now its great. I had it up to 160 racing a h/c z06 the other day and it felt solid. That being said i got caught in the rain going to lunch one day and on the way back with zero throttle input decelerating on a off ramp i hit a little puddle and hydroplaned and nearly sent the car into the guard rail. These are not worn out tires either maybe 3 weeks of various driving not a DD since they were new.

Still dont know how you guys are hooking a NT05R though i went out yesterday and rolled into it at 70mph and just blows them off. The turbo car doesnt make big power either yet. Maybe they just need some heat and i dont drive the car enough who knows.
How old are your NT05r's? And what psi do you run them at? I run mine at 25psi on the street and they hook really good
Old 05-26-2019, 05:56 PM
jdeck10
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run my NT05r's at 28psi and have no problem hooking at 600whp...great tire for the money. Mine are 305/35/19 btw
Old 05-26-2019, 06:53 PM
sobe88
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jdeck10
I run my NT05r's at 28psi and have no problem hooking at 600whp...great tire for the money. Mine are 305/35/19 btw
Same size I run for my NT05R :P Mine sit at 30psi and I've had no issues lol.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyt
How old are your NT05r's? And what psi do you run them at? I run mine at 25psi on the street and they hook really good

I guess they did sit in the garage over winter. They are at 28psi according to the dash. I dont care if they hook or not because they will not hook no matter what once we crank up the boost but it was more just a comment that i am fairly un impressed from a hooking point of view I am glad i decided on a et street for the blower car and not the nt05r which was kicking around my head prior to driving the turbo car on them. They seem to drive decently though i will give them that.

Keep in mind these are also the a 345/19 i imagine with a taller sidewall due to a smaller wheel it would be a better tire.