C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Z06 Flex sensor install

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:34 PM
Horps27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 Z06 Flex sensor install

Installing dsx flex fuel kit. It didn’t come with any sort of install instructions. I’m down to pinning the ecu and not sure which pin or how to get the little black block off out of there. I’ve searched and haven’t found anything with really good pics. Also the base might be different than the z06? I see e38 for the base and e40 listed for the z06? Any help would be great.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:31 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

I’m pretty sure I found a couple of write-ups on here when I did mine a few weeks back. If you have the E38 ECU (I think you’re right that the 06 base came with those) then you need to use pin number 40 as shown in the picture below. I’m also posting a diagram that I marked up that should help show you how to count the pins.
Just take you’re time taking the cover off the back of the plug. I also cut the little tie wrap off (you’ll see that once you take the back off the ECM harness plug) so that I could spread the wires to be able to better see how/where to insert the flex sensor wire. You also need to carefully pull the dust cover off the inside of the harness plug to see all the pins like in the photo. Just take your time and don’t force anything. The little pin pushes out from the back of the plug. You need a really small pick/awl or a thin welding rod or something about 1/16” diameter to push it out. It comes out fairly easily. Also, make sure that the pin is oriented properly when you push the wire in from the back side of plug. Then just replace the small cable tie and reassemble everything carefully. Make sure that you disconnect your battery before you mess with the ECM. I almost forgot to do that myself, lol.

Someone else posted this on another thread. Very helpful pic.

Here’s how you count the pins. BTW: Make sure that you’re working on the the right ECM plug, which has the big ground pin (#73) in the lower right corner of that diagram.

Last edited by CI GS; 06-15-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:30 PM
Horps27
Instructor

Got it pinned but still getting code 0178

Old 06-18-2019, 03:10 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

That’s weird. That’s indicative of the sensor getting low voltage. How are you powering the sensor? Are you using the DSX plug and play coil harness? Check all your connections to see that they’re fully engaged, no pins bent, etc. and check to see if your sensor is getting 5V. If you don’t find anything obvious there, then although it looks from your photo that you have the inserted the sensor wire plug correctly, maybe check to see if the pin didn’t push back out when you put the plug back on the ECU, although it shouldn’t be able to do that if it’s plugged in correctly.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Horps27
Instructor

I appreciate the help, I am using th DSX plug and play harness, and I checked, it isn’t backing out either. I’m getting low voltage codes for TPS as well. Those are my only issues at this point and dyno tomorrow
Old 06-19-2019, 10:07 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Just email DSX they have been super helpful with me on questions i have asked about other products of theres that i purchased.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:34 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk
Just email DSX they have been super helpful with me on questions i have asked about other products of theres that i purchased.
^^ This. From my experience, Dave will usual respond within an hour of you sending him an email. I’m sure he can help you figure it out.

Get notified of new replies

To 06 Z06 Flex sensor install

Quick Reply: 06 Z06 Flex sensor install