C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single turbo with ac and rear exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 04:56 PM
MysteryMob
Pro

Received 180 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by drewz06
i know its a ton of extra piping and oil logistics... but im surprised rear mount twins aren't more popular....

there's a ton of room under the trunk, looks like a great place for all that gear....

-drew
You have to add a more weight in piping, you have to fight the loss of exhaust gas velocity/temperature/pressure over a very long run, and you have to plumb oil lines with scavenging pumps for great distances. So, now you have a highly complex setup where you need to do whatever you can to retain heat in the pipes, while simultaneously having to downsize your turbos so you don't start building boost only over 4,000 RPM. Oh, and you want to have a safety check if your pumps die, so you don't oil starve a turbo and destroy your engine.

I thought about the rear mount setup for a bit, but arrived at the conclusion that I'd rather just go centri. I'd only go rear mount if there was no other option
Old 01-23-2023, 11:50 AM
wechevarria92
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey jay , the huron c5 twin kit. you say its possible to fit the c6 . i have a zo6 im running the aps c6 base kit on it and the turbos are wayyyy to small the huron looks like they can pack a bigger punch. have you seen this kit on a c6 ?
Old 01-24-2023, 11:00 AM
da6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by wechevarria92
hey jay , the huron c5 twin kit. you say its possible to fit the c6 . i have a zo6 im running the aps c6 base kit on it and the turbos are wayyyy to small the huron looks like they can pack a bigger punch. have you seen this kit on a c6 ?
Detoxx has the Huron hotside with a custom cold side I believe.
The following users liked this post:
wechevarria92 (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 10:11 AM
wechevarria92
6th Gear

Originally Posted by da6speed
Detoxx has the Huron hotside with a custom cold side I believe.
detoxx ? Is that his user name on the forums
Old 01-25-2023, 03:04 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I am not sure what he used.

That is what was done on my car - Huron manifolds, PTE 6466s, AC, PS and all other creature comforts retained.

Last edited by BoosTTed C6; 01-25-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:32 PM
wechevarria92
6th Gear

Originally Posted by BoosTTed C6
I am not sure what he used.

That is what was done on my car - Huron manifolds, PTE 6466s, AC, PS and all other creature comforts retained.
Was your hot side custom or you used the hot side from the kit as well, u have pics ? What were your power levels I’m shooting for 1200
Old 01-26-2023, 09:40 AM
da6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...turbo-now.html
Old 01-26-2023, 05:43 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Was your hot side custom or you used the hot side from the kit as well, u have pics ? What were your power levels I’m shooting for 1200
Other than the Huron Speed turbo manifolds, the rest of the set up is custom. The "old" hot and cold side, with the FMIC, is off the car. It made 1279 whpr at 20 lbs. If you want it, it is available for sale. It worked fine but I wanted more power. It is all at ECS along with other take off parts: a meth kit, All Pro Heads, a serious set of rods and pistons (we refreshed the motor but it was not needed at all) and a whole host of other go fast parts.

Being fabbed up as we speak is a split WAIC set up (a 2000 hpr capable system), upsized and reconfigured piping for the turbo, electric wastegates, and a race day ice tank for WFO passes. The fluid reservoir for the WAIC is mounted where the windshield washer fluid tank used to reside. Still using twin PTE6466s. We expect to make significantly more steam than 1279 whpr.

I will take photos when the system is in but before the fenders are back on. There is nothing to see (relatively speaking) from the top side. Looking up from the underside tells a different story. When the car is done, I may do a build thread but what I really just want to do is drive the tires off of it. This build has been a long time in the making and I am looking forward to testing its limits, and mine...

Quick Reply: Single turbo with ac and rear exhaust