Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB: Wtb flat bottom steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:27 PM
EVERFLY
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Delete

No longer looking

Last edited by EVERFLY; 03-07-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:55 PM
EVERFLY
Burning Brakes

Still looking
Old 08-27-2017, 03:45 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Looking for a particular color or style ?
Old 08-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Bludevlsi
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When I get my new wheel I may have my old one for sale. Should be getting it in a couple of weeks if you can wait.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 PM
EVERFLY
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
Looking for a particular color or style ?
not too picky

Originally Posted by Bludevlsi
When I get my new wheel I may have my old one for sale. Should be getting it in a couple of weeks if you can wait.
Let me know
thanks
Old 08-28-2017, 09:06 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Mine is red and black, so i didn't know if it would match the color scheme of your interior.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:50 AM
vettefan311
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

FNBAD, have any pics of your red and black wheel? Thx.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:15 PM
EVERFLY
Burning Brakes

Bump still looking
Old 02-26-2018, 05:22 PM
EVERFLY
Burning Brakes

Still looking
Old 02-26-2018, 07:13 PM
Mquat
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just ordered a new steering wheel from a place in Simi Valley, Ca So Cal Garage Works. From the pictures that I've seen they the best looking one. and also the cheapest one. I got carbon fiber on top and bottom with black leather on the sides. I think it was about $550.00 with a core. I should have it in a couple of weeks and I can let you know. I also have 2 wheels for cores with switch's and plates for $100.00 each. Then when you get it you can sell your stock wheel and get it back. This way you can get exactly what you want with the stitching that you want and don't have to settle for other people are getting rid of? When I get mine I ca message you with pictures if you would like? Just noticed you are from Indy. Very cool. I work for John Force and fly back and fourth to Indy all the time.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:29 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts
Default D shaped wheel

I will be having a d shaped carbon fiber wheel available ready to sell in 3 weeks....pm me your number...i will send you photos sir

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 02-26-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Default Wheel

Core charges are going for 75 bucks....thats what they offer for your wheel at so cal garage....be careful about what you are looking for in a wheel....some carbon fiber wheels that are made cannot handle the heat because some makers do not use the proper resin....they tend to split under interior cabin heat...just some good advice....find out about if there is a waranty...ask questions in regards to the carbon fiber material and what type of resin is used

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 02-26-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Mquat
Instructor

Smokyjr,
really don’t apriciate the implication that I was doing something wrong. If you read my post I told him we’re to look and that I had ordered a wheel from them. I also said that if he wanted when I get I would share pictures if he was interested. It looks like he has been looking for 6 month, I was just trying to help out. As far as the core if he went to there site he would see that they want $75 for a core. That is for the wheel only, the 2 I have have the side plates and the switch’s in case he wanted to have the side plates done in carbon too? I haven’t seen the carbon fiber yet as I stated but when I get it I will be able to offer an opinion on the carbon. Also as I stated I work for John force racing and among other things we do all the repairs on our carbon fiber bodies and other parts, so I should be able to recognize a problem if there might be one. I don’t know the people at so cal garage other that talking to him over the phone and also do know Everfly just trying to help out. If you have the guy a wheel then sell it to him I really don’t care.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Default Wheel

Didnt think you were doing something wrong and i wasnt implying it either...but i have been through the mill with carbon fiber wheels....i have had some manufactures that said their product was the next best thing since sliced bread and a year later split under heat....remember your interior gets mighty hot and a high heat uv resin is recommended...and storing the car during the winter with contraction could be a factor...I also had that problem..also the weve of carbon fiber and where it came from is just as important...not all carbon fiber is the same....i ordered a wheel from so cal as well..for the wheel,airbag cover,and control covers was 680...and I am waiting for it as well..but i also asked alot of questions before i bought mine....not because of the price....but i wanted to know the quality and waranty of the wheel... I also knew they showed a few of their wheels at sema..I also explained to everfly about the airbag cover in leather and the steering wheel control covers in carbon...I showed him a photo of the wheel that so cal makes...and also one that signature wheels make...you can send your airbag cover to so cal and they can stitch you a new cover in leather to match the grip leather and stitch color...also If you want a line indicator on the top of the wheel they can do that as well..btw....100 bucks for a wheel with covers is a good price...so keep in mind.....send the wheel...covers and airbag all at the same time...also think about what type of insignia is available for the airbag cover...I took apart a corvette racing wheel center cap and used that...so Mquat...I applaud your efforts..finally...we all hope that John And Brittany Force are ok

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 02-26-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 PM
Mquat
Instructor

Thanks
was with Brittany last week and she is doing better. Beat up by being tossed around in car, she is bruised but she will be doing fine. Talked to John after he was released from hospital on Sunday. He was also beat up and bruised but he will do fine. Thanks for the concern. I’ve been with John since the late 1970’s worked on his first funny car. Him and his kids have been my friends for a long time. I did have them do the side plates but I didn’t do the do the airbag because I didn’t have an extra one. I asked about the leather cover and I want it, it will just have to wait a little till I find an extra cover
Old 02-26-2018, 10:51 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Default Wheel

You can use the cover from a Chevy cobalt...2007-2011...they are the same ....and cheaper than a c6

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 02-26-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:49 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mquat
Just ordered a new steering wheel from a place in Simi Valley, Ca So Cal Garage Works. From the pictures that I've seen they the best looking one. and also the cheapest one. I got carbon fiber on top and bottom with black leather on the sides. I think it was about $550.00 with a core. I should have it in a couple of weeks and I can let you know. I also have 2 wheels for cores with switch's and plates for $100.00 each. Then when you get it you can sell your stock wheel and get it back. This way you can get exactly what you want with the stitching that you want and don't have to settle for other people are getting rid of? When I get mine I ca message you with pictures if you would like? Just noticed you are from Indy. Very cool. I work for John Force and fly back and fourth to Indy all the time.
Ordered a wheel from socal garage works 2/19/18 and I clicked the box that I would provide my own wheel. No address provided to send my wheel to after 3 phone calls, 1 online e-mail and 1 to their g-mail account. Nothing. I filed a dispute with PayPal. Hope your experience is better.

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb flat bottom steering wheel

Old 02-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Mquat
Instructor

Originally Posted by 05 Wreck
Ordered a wheel from socal garage works 2/19/18 and I clicked the box that I would provide my own wheel. No address provided to send my wheel to after 3 phone calls, 1 online e-mail and 1 to their g-mail account. Nothing. I filed a dispute with PayPal. Hope your experience is better.
wow. I had no problem getting ahold of them. I have not received my wheel yet so we will see. I ordered it on the 2/8/18 and they received my wheel on around the 2/12/18.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:14 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Mquat
wow. I had no problem getting ahold of them. I have not received my wheel yet so we will see. I ordered it on the 2/8/18 and they received my wheel on around the 2/12/18.
Have you received any indication on when yours should be done?

I ordered my wheel on 1/20/18 and haven't received any updates.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:30 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by doomi
Have you received any indication on when yours should be done?

I ordered my wheel on 1/20/18 and haven't received any updates.
So Cal Garage seems to have a communications problem:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...age-works.html
I wonder if it's because they take care of the ricers first.

Quick Reply: WTB: Wtb flat bottom steering wheel