Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

FS: Zen6 C6 Full Bi LED Replacement Headlights TAILS (C7 Style) from Umnitza - BEST VALUE

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:55 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Zen6 C6 Full Bi LED Replacement Headlights TAILS (C7 Style) from Umnitza - BEST VALUE

We didn't want to start a for sale thread until most of the details had been worked out on the previous orders. Since this week, the vast majority of the shipment will be put on a boat to ship to us, we figured it was time to start this up.
This is strictly a FOR SALE thread. Our other thread is about discussing the lights and posting images - YOU CAN FIND IT HERE:

This thread is about the NEXT Pre-order (we do have about 2-3 spots left on this one so if you act quickly, we may be able to get you into this order).
The "radio" button shown on our site gives you a $320 discount (25%) off the regular and FINAL price. I don't know how long we'll keep this price available because the factory is already making some noise about raising it.

We are also offering tail lights on this thread as well. You can find the original posting here

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE HEADLIGHTS:
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TAILS:

Additionally, you can call us 877 486 6489 - and buy BOTH tails and headlights for $1285 shipped + tax in CA only.
Expected delivery is early to mid August now due to 2 weeks delay by factory. Some people have already received theirs out of the first "AIR" shipment.

Here are the photos:

Summary of some important questions:
Originally Posted by DNAST1
How hard to adjust aiming headlights ? Also I take that it’s 1 led bulb for lows and highs? Thx
Each headlight has 2 metal adjuster wheels. You can access them before the headlight is installed and afterwards through the soft fender liner flap.

Originally Posted by Twin6s
Couple of questions.
1. Will the outer lenses cover be replaceable if the lenses fog over like the factory ones do?
2. Are these made by the same manufacturer as the other brand that came out recently or are they made by your manufacturer.
3. Will the inner bezel come in any other color black?
1) We are still working on this with the factory, we do however recommend the clear Lamin-X film that we sell.
2) They are identical. The name is different, the parts are the same, the price is better.
3) They are paintable, we can change the color for you - please email us - info@umnitza.com

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
When we started this deal, we did it to offer you the best possible price for a product that has a lot of pent up excitement. Along the way, we've seen some competitors offer this product at $980 and $950 and everything in between.

Here's the situation, we have over 24 pre-orders right now, we have upped this pre-order volume now to 40 units. We're "doubling down".

Additionally, just had a great conversation with a customer who has already purchased who had the competitor reach out to him to try to offer that customer a better price. The price offered was only slightly lower than ours but without the extras we are offering.

So, in an effort to improve our price further, and offer you a better value. If you do not want any of the freebies we're offering - clear film or LED fog kit - we will offer you a lower price. Given that the LED kit is $95 and the clear film is $65 (with fogs), we believe it's a very good value to purchase.

So, for those of you buying the product, if you choose not to get a freebie, contact us, we'll reduce your sale price below ANY COMPETITOR ANYWHERE.
Now, those of you ordering these headlights have a tail light option to match!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597438381

PRE-ORDER PHOTOS

INFORMATION ABOUT UMNITZA
We don't have a distributor. We're not a third party. We ARE the distributor/wholesaler/retailer. Any vendor can contact us today and order and get the same type of deal the "other guys" are getting offered from THEIR distributor (OR BETTER). We are purchasing direct from the factory. There is no second hop. There are no multiple builds of this light, there are no iterations (it's not a mattress that is exactly the same with 15 different part numbers so each retailer can charge you a different price and you can't price shop/match). There is 1 light, built by 1 factory at this time. Can that change? Yes. WIll it, who knows.

We have almost 20 years of headlight building, installing, and troubleshooting experience.

So in summary:
1) We are direct.
2) We are offering- in public - the best price for these lights
3) We are offering the best deal to boot (with freebies)
4) And we may very very shortly run out of the first allotment and have to up our quantity, so if you are interested, act UBER FAST please because the final inventory tally needs to be in their hands by this Friday for the FIRST sea shipment batch.
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Installed
Originally Posted by ledesordre
Installed these last night. Very straightforward. Will be easy if you have removed your headlights before. If you haven't then that part is a pain in the *** to figure out the first time.

Wiring is plug and play for the new setup with the included harness, very easy.

Originally Posted by GingerGranny

Originally Posted by doomi

These really are beautiful headlights. And they seem to be really well engineered and built. For those concerned, the lenses aren't really tinted. I can see through the lens just like I can on the factory. Overall this is a fairly easy install. This was my first time removing the headlights so the first side took about an hour and the second side took about 20 minutes. One thing most of the videos don't mention is that there is another t15 screw holding the fender that you can't see. It's at the corner where the hood, bumper and fender meet. The videos will show you pop the corner of the bumper where it meets the fender... if you peel that corner back a bit you'll see the screw. It's also very easy to change the turn signal settings via a loop plug. I opted to do the standard turn signal instead of the progressive.

I'm curious though, you mention to run your additional wiring harness to the interior HVAC relay, but it is nowhere near long enough. I'm going to use a fuse in the under hood fuse box, but I was curious why you said to use HVAC? I wanted to go ahead and test how the lights would work out of the factory without the DRL harness and I don't seem to have DRL's at all, either the hockey stick or amber turn signals. Is this because I have the harness plugged into the lights but not into the fuse?

The hockey sticks only light with the headlights or when I turn the headlight stalk to the second from the bottom.The amber only lights up with my turn signals or hazards.

Below are some comparison pics with the factory headlights during install. I'll take some more pictures and video this evening.

https://youtu.be/yBNnrzMTgCE

I am KD.

I went ahead and hooked up the provided harness. This allows the hockey sticks to stay lit any time the car is on. A quirk I still can't get past is that the hockey sticks are running on their dimmed setting, not full brightness. They are significantly brighter in their full bright setting, but that only happens for a split second after I turn off and exit the car. I'd love a solution that worked like the C7. Hockey sticks full bright any time the car is on, unless the turn signals are on. Then fully dimmed.

I'm really impressed with these lights. I think they are gorgeous and really compliment the look of the car. That was my concern was they could clash with the timeless C6 design. But I don't feel like that's the case at all.

I did have a passing motorist flash their brights on the way home, so I'm thinking some adjustment may be necessary.

https://youtu.be/uMFEz_ROU9U

Originally Posted by jblack41510

Off

DRL

DRL at angle

Harness with flick of light stock DRL 100% brightness
Few pics after my install
When we initially did the install last Monday - with videos - the DRL was full bright with our harness but it would do the same with the provided harness from the factory.
I think there is a lot of confusion because some people haven't yet installed it and have questions, some people have installed it and have other questions, and some people are just curious. So with the sheer amount of responses, questions, and only now about 6 installs total, there will be some confusion that sort of piles onto itself

The only way to solve it is what hopefully will happen today, we will take a full video of all the parts with an explanation of each part. If that doesn't solve it, nothing will
Old 07-23-2018, 06:37 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Bump, just ordered. Looking forward to the install. Thanks for time you spent with me answering questions!
The following users liked this post:
info@umnitza.com (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 07:08 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Hopefully this doesn't muddy the water too much And thanks for the orders

---
Each photo can be enlarged significantly from what you are seeing on the screen, but you'll want to use a PC vs using your mobile.

---

So some comments, and then the video will be done.

1) DRL is daytime visible from very far away when in 100% mode using the fused pnp included harness.
2) You still have to manually disable the "AUTO" setting DRL using this harness but if you do, the "L" goes to 100% brightness immediately.
3) "L" brightness will always be 50% if your parking light, turn signal, hazard, headlight, high beam, or DRL (factory orange turn signals) are one.

--
You can visibly see even more contrast in person between 50% and 100% mode. - Your lights should always switch within .5 seconds from 50% to 100%.
Todd used the "TRANS" fuse = 1 and it works fine, it works on his car, it's not a recommended fuse on any of the BMWs, Dodge, Mercedes, or similar cars because it may throw fault codes but it works on his setup. A/C has been a perfectly good fuse as an ACC (accessory) option so I'd recommend staying with fuse 15 for that.

I will be posting a video of this shortly.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:52 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Unfortunately, there are some technical limitations on the video, our apologies!!!
The most important parts were unfortunately too blurry to use, we need to do another video, but will be happy to explain the video if you want.
--
Old 07-25-2018, 12:43 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

ocean shipment scheduled for Monday, ridiculously cheaper than by air
Old 07-25-2018, 06:04 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm getting a ton of compliments on mine. Even people who don't really know Vettes can tell something is different.

​​​
The following users liked this post:
info@umnitza.com (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:44 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

i'm getting a ton of compliments on mine. Even people who don't really know vettes can tell something is different.
​​​
yes!
Old 07-26-2018, 01:19 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Had another chat with the factory rep to clarify their position on the warranty.

Everyone that buys these lights get an automatic 1 year warranty. There is no extended 5 year warranty offered by the factory. The only warranty beyond the 1 year is offered by the individual vendor and they will incur the costs of supporting your warranty past 1 year. That said, the factory did state unequivocally that even though the warranty of 1 year is maximum, they will indefinitely extend a repair warranty for parts costs only if there is a failure - for example if the "L" LED fail. Keep in mind however, this is not made in PRC, it's made in Taiwan, and their quality and QA standards historically and more so recently have been higher. I could show you the levels of testing they undergo for these lights but essentially they go through impact, vibration, dust, humidity, abrasion, and at least 6-7 other tests to insure stability. Each of those tests is conducted in a controlled test enclosure that does a very good job of approximating the overall environmental factors that will attack these lights over the course of their usage.

Keep in mind, due to this, we've been in business almost 20 years, so if we tell you we'll offer a 5 year warranty, we'll be there to do that.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:53 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

1 spot left now for current sea shipment leaving on Monday.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:53 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

------- UPDATES --------
PRODUCT -

This ocean shipment is done for headlights.
There are 2 or 3 spots available for tails, but the headlights have been filled.

SALE PRICING - NEXT ORDERS -
The price we have set right now, you can still order until the factory gives us the "OFF" switch - not sure if or when that will happen.
If you are still interested and want to get into the next shipment, I suggest you order as soon as you are comfortable. The next build begins next week once all of our goods are shipped.
We started the pre-order in mid June and by mid August 90% of our folks will receive the parts - the first 10% got theirs already shipped to them with the air shipment we brought in to give the first early adopters an added bonus for being confident in our product and company
Consider that your order now will probably get you headlights in the mid September time frame.

ADMINISTRATIVE -
Please be patient, we have been receiving on average between 10-30 PMs every day since we started this. We will answer you as quickly as we can.
*if you are interested in clear lens headlights - we will have a definitive answer for you in the next 2-3 days.

More updates as they are available.

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 07-27-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:58 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Still have pre-order pricing for a few more units.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:55 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

We received quite a few inquiries and realized we'd run out of available units. Next batch is already being built, so keep the orders coming at the current price we have listed.

Additionally, we will finalize the finished product for larry in the next couple of days, you will be surprised/shocked/amazed!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:43 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

PDsVettes - sorry to say there is good and bad news on that front and some additional news.

1) Unfortunate and unforeseen delay
Factory missed the cut off for handing off the shipment to the broker on Friday and Monday, it's now in the hands of said broker, but as a result they missed the container load for today. So it's next scheduled container which is Friday/Monday/Tuesday.
This did allow us to put a few more items on the shipment, but it's still very upsetting since we already confirmed with them it would ship on container this Friday.

To compensate for this delay of 4-5 days, we're going to do 2-3 runs per day every day to expedite the shipments - in fact, chances are really good that it wont' terribly affect the end result of delivery but still you should know. Now, because we are located on the absolutely nearest port of entry to Taiwan, our shipment should arrive here much sooner than anyone else's. So please don' worry. We're looking at August 22nd-30th - and as soon as we have the vessel info, we'll post that.

2) We've now confirmed that we will in fact be offering to change the headlights for you.
We can paint anyone's headlight - down side is there is a lot of masking off to do (see photo attached) - any color you want. If you want Victory Red, Lemans Blue, Machine Gray, or any other color in the rainbow, we can do it.
We can give you clear lenses - using our Zen6 lenses, we can install them for you and then you can use factory OE gaskets - we are going to introduce reproductions that are identical in every possible way to the original gaskets for $50-60 and the lenses will soon drop in price.
We, umnitza, will actually extend your warranty to 2 years on the lenses if you choose to do this.
We will at some point soon - once the new lights land and Todd is available once again - build a custom harness to do something more than what is available.

3) Most important update
Starting this Friday, we will no longer be able to publicly offer the $930 price point. Seems that the factory is pretty upset about this and while their demands aren't angry, we will be forced to remove the $930 specialty discount.

AND, as much as we absolutely hate doing this, we will do our best to offer you the best pricing - better than anyone else - privately only. You will either call us or PM us for the best price. This sucks for us and for you, because we all believe this is an underhanded way to sell product, but if you have ANY written offer from anyone, PM us privately after Friday this week and we will beat it. In the meantime, get your orders in before Friday to guarantee the $930 price point.

PS: 50 points to Gryffindor if you can name the Y/M/M of the car in the back ground.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:10 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully this doesn't muddy the water too much And thanks for the orders

---
Each photo can be enlarged significantly from what you are seeing on the screen, but you'll want to use a PC vs using your mobile.

---

So some comments, and then the video will be done.

1) DRL is daytime visible from very far away when in 100% mode using the fused pnp included harness.
2) You still have to manually disable the "AUTO" setting DRL using this harness but if you do, the "L" goes to 100% brightness immediately.
3) "L" brightness will always be 50% if your parking light, turn signal, hazard, headlight, high beam, or DRL (factory orange turn signals) are one.

--
You can visibly see even more contrast in person between 50% and 100% mode. - Your lights should always switch within .5 seconds from 50% to 100%.
Todd used the "TRANS" fuse = 1 and it works fine, it works on his car, it's not a recommended fuse on any of the BMWs, Dodge, Mercedes, or similar cars because it may throw fault codes but it works on his setup. A/C has been a perfectly good fuse as an ACC (accessory) option so I'd recommend staying with fuse 15 for that.

I will be posting a video of this shortly.
I am local from your shop. If you are willing to install them on my 2007 z then I will purchase them.

Let me know.

Last edited by beastyz06; 08-01-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:02 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

PM'ed you back.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:51 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

The current batch is sold out, are now on the water and on their way. Please keep your strength and patience.

For those of you interested to get the next batch and are ok with having your car upgraded in September, we will extend the same discounted deal to you for the time being.
And as usual, if you get a price from anywhere that beats our price, PM us, we'll match and/or beat it with a better value deal.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:21 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Photos of the Machine gray scheduled for Thursday

Get notified of new replies

To Zen6 C6 Full Bi LED Replacement Headlights TAILS (C7 Style) from Umnitza - BEST VALUE

Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Guys we have an update for the paint process. This batch of units that we're getting will have to have the turn signal area left black, but the rest of it will be exactly as you see here - masked off for paint.

We'll have this painted tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:48 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Just got about 95% finished on the machine gray units for Larry.
They are still waiting for some final finishing touches and final approval by Larry.

Thoughts? opinions?
If you guys want this, we will need a list of people who are interested right away for the next order we are almost ready to put in.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

On the Pacific right now

Quick Reply: FS: Zen6 C6 Full Bi LED Replacement Headlights TAILS (C7 Style) from Umnitza - BEST VALUE