C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune for a stock car

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 02:48 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

in their defense, Hypertech & Superchips were selling thousands ot "chips" before there was such a thing as a rear-wheel dyno or Wide-band O2 readily available. GM burns the exact same fuel and spark curves for every car, and in theory, if a tuner has done a car like yours, they know what needs to be done. In other words, they might have a tune for a stock car, a car with exhaust, a car with intake mod, and a tune for a car with both.

Assuming they put the time in to get their tunes right on the first car, you should see good results on your car.

This is NOT an advertisement for any of these companies, as personally, there are very few tuners that I trust. I prefer to do my own when possible.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:12 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
in their defense, Hypertech & Superchips were selling thousands ot "chips" before there was such a thing as a rear-wheel dyno or Wide-band O2 readily available. GM burns the exact same fuel and spark curves for every car, and in theory, if a tuner has done a car like yours, they know what needs to be done. In other words, they might have a tune for a stock car, a car with exhaust, a car with intake mod, and a tune for a car with both.

Assuming they put the time in to get their tunes right on the first car, you should see good results on your car.

This is NOT an advertisement for any of these companies, as personally, there are very few tuners that I trust. I prefer to do my own when possible.
power commander has been doing this for years on bikes and harleys standard maps for watever mod you have or make your own
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
DWRHODA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On this car the computer is always learning how you drive and adjusting accordingly.At 35-40-45 cruise put the pedal down
hard, then let up(or you'll be doing 70.Repeat this process a number of times and it will begin downshifting with less pedal
movement for a while. If you persist in driving in a modest manner ,the trans will revert to it's old ways.Of course a manual
downshift to 2nd will get it moving. Try it.

DW

Quick Reply: Tune for a stock car