C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 LS2 to LS7 MAF conversion. HP Tuner File

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 04:00 PM
orripid
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I'm saying they are both correct for different circumstances. In closed loop use fuel trims. In open loop (I.e. WOT) use the AFR error ones.

And.. As stated earlier, apply common sense.. Look at the chart vs. Time and you can get a bit better visual idea of what's going on.. I put the commanded AFR and actual AFR right on top of each other so you can see if it's lean or rich. It will always bounce around some.

I'll look at the log in a bit

Post the tune also--I think there are some PE settings that could use adjusting but can't be sure without seeing it

Looking at the charts will also help you see what areas are actually lean or rich and what areas are just the WB being slow. If you look at 13:32:945 you'll see what I mean.. it looks really lean right there but I bet it's just the WB being slow to react
Thank You,
I added the tune to my last post.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:45 PM
orripid
Advanced

I'm saying they are both correct for different circumstances. In closed loop use fuel trims. In open loop (I.e. WOT) use the AFR error ones.

And.. As stated earlier, apply common sense.. Look at the chart vs. Time and you can get a bit better visual idea of what's going on.. I put the commanded AFR and actual AFR right on top of each other so you can see if it's lean or rich. It will always bounce around some.

I'll look at the log in a bit

Post the tune also--I think there are some PE settings that could use adjusting but can't be sure without seeing it

Looking at the charts will also help you see what areas are actually lean or rich and what areas are just the WB being slow. If you look at 13:32:945 you'll see what I mean.. it looks really lean right there but I bet it's just the WB being slow to react

My TPMS tire monitoring light is on because one of my tires came out of sync when the dealer inspected it. Can this be causing the computer not to be ging out the right Power enriched AFR and instead leaving it at 14.7 because in the short log I attached - it shows cmd AFR 14.7 even at 50% throttle.

Can you take a look at let me know what you think

Thank You,
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
steppon on it.hpl (121.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: xml
layout.Layout.xml (18.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

No, two totally different computers.

The PE enable throttle table is set too high. The throttle % used in the PE throttle enable table is weird. They are based on surface area open at the throttle blade I believe, not actual pedal position... So it works out that you have to set them pretty low if you want it to go into PE earlier

I'd set the PE throttle enable table to 12% for 2000 RPM's and higher

Then set the MAP enable to say 75kpa for now and see if that's any better

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-11-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:15 PM
orripid
Advanced

No, two totally different computers.

The PE enable throttle table is set too high. The throttle % used in the PE throttle enable table is weird. They are based on surface area open at the throttle blade I believe, not actual pedal position... So it works out that you have to set them pretty low if you want it to go into PE earlier

I'd set the PE throttle enable table to 12% for 2000 RPM's and higher

Then set the MAP enable to say 75kpa for now and see if that's any better
I see where to set the MAP enable to 75kpa but i have no idea what to do for PE throttle enable table to 12%
Old 07-12-2016, 08:12 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Same screen. "PE Throttle/Pedal" section the table is labeled "Hot".

Change from 2000 and up to 12
Old 06-18-2021, 07:26 PM
anibal_94
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, were you able to successfully do the converstion from the stock ls2 intake to the ls7? could you please help me thorugh this, since I would like to do the same.. I have a 2005 c6.. It has an installed halltech intake, but it has a problem with the MAF sensor.. since the filter is already very old and worn-out, I would like to upgrade it to an K&N ls7 intake (PN: 63-3060-1), install the harness for the convertion of the old maf connector to the new one, and the maf itself..

Quick Reply: 06 LS2 to LS7 MAF conversion. HP Tuner File