C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS timing out when bleeding brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:23 PM
ShiftLess
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ABS timing out when bleeding brakes

I've tried an Autel and a Tech 2 scan tool to bleed the brakes. The procedure is ending after bleeding the right rear caliper and giving an error msg indicating the abs is timing out.

also, I had to have the engine running as in accessory mode I received an error indicating no comm with the abs module...that is the only one the tech 2 wasn't communicating with.

is there a way to connect to the canbus(?) without running the engine i.e. put the car in check engine mode without starting?

where do I start looking?

2008 C6 Base LE1 coupe with 96.5K miles
Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftLess
also, I had to have the engine running as in accessory mode I received an error indicating no comm with the abs module...that is the only one the tech 2 wasn't communicating with.
is there a way to connect to the canbus(?) without running the engine i.e. put the car in check engine mode without starting?
yep you will get that message in ACC mode ...... you must be in RUN mode for the CANDI module to read the ECM and BCM , hold the start button down with your foot off the pedal .....

Dave

Quick Reply: ABS timing out when bleeding brakes