C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has upgraded to MPVI 2, and who hasn't?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 04:45 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Who has upgraded to MPVI 2, and who hasn't?

I've been wanting to upgrade my MPVI Pro to MPVI 2 Pro so as to have HPT's latest & greatest, but as of last week #2 still won't do stand alone data logging. That's a handy feature I like and use, so I haven't done anything yet.

What have you guys done so far? Upgrade now or wait?
Old 06-17-2019, 08:08 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I have and use both for now.

My Unlimited LSx MPVI1 is set up with my current widebands so nothing is needed and no added cost.

My MPVI2 is set up for use on Dodges. I had to make a couple "quick" disconnects to plug into my Prolink and switch from my EIO plug when I need a Lambda Wideband.

If your sticking to the GM LSx family, Im not sure Id switch just for the hell of it. The 4.4x software is the same for the the MPVI1 and MPVI2 so its not like your getting a differant program. Upgrading to the MPVI2 just give your access to more vehicles..........................which is differant from having the knowledge of calibrating more vehicles.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:30 AM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Good point. My MPVI1 survived the firmware update and works fine with VCM 4.4.2. I only use it on 2 personal GM vehicles so I don't really need to upgrade. But I have a nagging suspicion that at some future time the latest VCM suite will not support MPVI1.

Get notified of new replies

To Who has upgraded to MPVI 2, and who hasn't?

Quick Reply: Who has upgraded to MPVI 2, and who hasn't?