C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody replace a low beam bulb yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 06:46 PM
webdzynes
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anybody replace a low beam bulb yet? I have a question...

I'm about to switch out a stock low beam HID bulb for a 6000k HID bulb...BUT, I have a question first. Do I need to remove the bulb based on the 2 allen (or torx) screws shown in the pics on the link below or is there another way? There are warnings all over about the high voltage and I dont want to do anything wrong...

http://www.frontrunnermarketing.com/vette2.htm

Last edited by webdzynes; 11-22-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
webdzynes
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have a manual that can check this for me? I just need to know how to pull the stock bulb out? I dont know if I need to remove the screws, or if this back plate is actually a cap that pulls off, etc...
Old 11-24-2006, 04:52 PM
UDRIVESLOW
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headlamp, Fog Lamp, Turn Signal Lamp, Side Marker Lamp Replacement - Front

Callout
Component Name

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Fastener Tightening Specifications: Refer to Fastener Tightening Specifications .

Headlamp Lamp Assembly Replacement

Preliminary ProcedureRemove front fascia. Refer to Fascia, Valence, Fascia Close Out Panel Replacement - Front Bumper

Front Fender Screws (Qty: 6)

Tighten 10 N·m (89 lb in)

Headlight Assembly Nuts (Qty: 3)

Tighten 6 N·m (53 lb in)

Headlamp Assembly

Caution: Refer to Halogen Bulb Caution in Cautions and Notices.

Tip

• Lift front fender up to remove headlamp assembly.

• Disconnect the electrical connector.

• Aim lamp as necessary.

• The front wheelhouse liner has an access door for bulb replacement.

Front Side Marker Lamp Replacement

Preliminary ProceduresRemove the front wheelhouse liner to gain access to the front side marker lamp. Refer to Fender, Insulator, Liner, Brake Caliper Cooling Duct Replacement - Front in Bumpers.

Front Side Marker Lamp Assembly

Tip

• Release the tab from the inside of the fascia and push outward to replace the lamp assembly.

• Twist the bulb socket and pull inward to replace the bulb.

Repeater Lamp Replacement (Export)

Preliminary ProceduresRemove the rear front wheelhouse liner to gain access to the repeater lamp. Refer to Fender, Insulator, Liner, Brake Caliper Cooling Duct Replacement - Front in Bumpers.

Repeater Lamp

Tip

• Release the tab from the inside of the fascia and push outward to replace the lamp assembly.

Fog Lamp Assembly Replacement

Fog Lamp Bolts (Qty: 3)

Tighten 2 N·m (18 lb in)

Front Turn Signal Lamp Assembly

Tip

• Aim as necessary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 1507485
2005 Chevrolet Corvette

High Inttensity Discharge Headlamp Ballast, Bulb, and Cover Replacement

Callout
Component Name

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Fastener Tightening Specifications: Refer to Fastener Tightening Specifications .

Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. To reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns:

• Never open the high intensity discharge system ballast or the arc tube assembly starter.

• Never probe between the high intensity discharge system ballast output connector and the arc tube assembly.

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. In order to reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns, the battery negative cable must be disconnected any time service work is being performed on or around the high intensity discharge system.

Preliminary ProceduresRemove and replace the headlamp assembly. Refer to Headlamp, Fog Lamp, Turn Signal Lamp, Side Marker Lamp Replacement - Front .

Headlamp Bulb Access Cover, Low Beam Cover

Socket Assembly, Low Beam Headlamp Bulb

Bulb Assembly, Low Beam Headlamp Bulb

Notice: When removing or replacing the arc tube, the arc tube must not contact the side of the headlamp housing or the bulb shield. Damage to the arc tube may result.

Headlamp Bulb Access Cover, High Beam Cover

Bulb Assembly, High Beam Headlamp Bulb

Front Turn Signal Lamp Bulb Replacement

Preliminary ProceduresRemove and replace the headlamp assembly. Refer to Headlamp, Fog Lamp, Turn Signal Lamp, Side Marker Lamp Replacement - Front .

Bulb Assembly, Front Turn Signal Lamp

Headlamp Ballast Assembly Replacement

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. To reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns:

• Never open the high intensity discharge system ballast or the arc tube assembly starter.

• Never probe between the high intensity discharge system ballast output connector and the arc tube assembly.

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. In order to reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns, the battery negative cable must be disconnected any time service work is being performed on or around the high intensity discharge system.

Screw, Ballast Access Cover

Tighten 3 N·m (27 lb in)

Cover, Ballast Access Cover

Screw, Ballast

Tighten 3 N·m (27 lb in)

Ballast Assembly, Headlamp

Document ID# 1503854
2005 Chevrolet Corvette

HOPE THIS HELPS..
UDRIVESLOW

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody replace a low beam bulb yet?

Quick Reply: Anybody replace a low beam bulb yet?