C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have westcoastcorvette lowering bolts installed plz respond!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
jklarkpimp
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you have westcoastcorvette lowering bolts installed plz respond!

i just ordered the bolts from wcc for $50 free shipping...im a sucker for a deal .....so im going to have them installed at my budys shop.........so i want to hear from you if you have installed these, any issues? better handling? i drive my car very aggresively, i mean i dont brake the law, but i take turns hard!, am i going to have to drive less aggresively? ie take turns slow? how are the bolts holding up? im just a little cautious because a few years ago I installed h n r lowering springs on my 2000 honda accord coupe, it looked great but even with a camber kit, my camber was off and my wheels paid for it.......i then had later suspension problems and i only dropped the car 1-2" max.......
Old 11-29-2006, 06:50 AM
Ginny C6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-7-8-9-10-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I had them for a few months and then removed them. The thin rubber pad wore away, and started scraping the lower arm. I think you can buy neopreme bushings from Zip that may help. Kevin
Old 11-29-2006, 07:39 AM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I've had them on my C6 for over a year without any issues. Lowered 1" in the front, 1.75" in the rear. My car is supercharged and there is no negative impact on performance. I just like the way the car looks lowered. Look at my sig for pictures.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Z-51 POWER
Instructor

Mine is all the way down and it drives great...
Old 11-29-2006, 10:16 PM
LOS ANGELES PI
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They are a nice substitute but not an answer.

When you loer the car, all you are doing is compressing the shock and spring which in turn limits travel of the suspension. This is fine as long as you are happy with the "bouncy" ride.

Try lowering the car to what you want using the existing set up. You dont need the lowering bolts to lower the car, they just allow you to take it further. Search the forum, its an easy task, almost all tuners and any good alignment shop can do it. Very simple to do. Some folks with a Z51 like the bolts as the Z51 has stiffer springs and shocks and therefore can ride a little higher from the factory.

I have on order coil over shocks from pfadt racing. They allow you to lower the car and not reduce travel of the shock, unless you want as this is adjustable as well.

Check it out, www.pfadtracing.com

The set up with adjustable sways is about 2700.00 but you will have a suspension that behaves and is moderated by you, something way beyond what GM has considered. Dont know why, but there you go.

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 AM
jklarkpimp
Melting Slicks

i just installed the wcc lowering bolts...........and oh man, i love the look of it lowered, i lowered the front and the back as much as i could, its kind of subtle but i love the look of the back with no fender gap........the ride is kind of like stock but, you definetly feel lower and a little more bouncy.......i like the way it feels though, im happy with it 50 for the bolts 150 for labor.....it turns and corners better now......and like i said i love the look now its worth it! i wish i could spend for the coilovers but im maxed out
Old 11-30-2006, 10:49 AM
HOFFIE
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jklarkpimp
i just installed the wcc lowering bolts...........and oh man, i love the look of it lowered, i lowered the front and the back as much as i could, its kind of subtle but i love the look of the back with no fender gap........the ride is kind of like stock but, you definetly feel lower and a little more bouncy.......i like the way it feels though, im happy with it 50 for the bolts 150 for labor.....it turns and corners better now......and like i said i love the look now its worth it! i wish i could spend for the coilovers but im maxed out
Sell that ugly hood scoop & than you can afford it
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
givemeurc6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Why do you need longer bolts? Aren't you just screwing the bolt closer to the spring, hence dropping the car. Wouldn't longer bolts be necessary if you wanted to raise the car. Excuse my ignorance. But could some one please explain that to me. Do the lower bolts have more treads to make them tighter. Thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Rockdog
Racer

Originally Posted by schilitj
I've had them on my C6 for over a year without any issues. Lowered 1" in the front, 1.75" in the rear. My car is supercharged and there is no negative impact on performance. I just like the way the car looks lowered. Look at my sig for pictures.
How are you with steep driveways and speedbumps.

By the way, your car is awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To If you have westcoastcorvette lowering bolts installed plz respond!

Quick Reply: If you have westcoastcorvette lowering bolts installed plz respond!