C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running rough, missing, check engine light on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:11 PM
dfwblk2003Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running rough, missing, check engine light on?

I drive a 2003 Z06 with about 24K miles. Today I had dinner, was going to do some shopping, got in my car and drove off, after about a minute all of a sudden it started running real rough, stumbling and missing, then the 'check engine' light came on. Checked oil pressure and oil & water temps on the DIC, all looked fine. I was not near a gas station or shop and there was no where to pull over, so I kept driving, thought I would go down to a gas station about 1/2 mile further. After about 30 seconds the light went out and it started running OK. Finished my shopping, gassed it up, and drove home (about 30 miles), no more problems.

What the heck hapened?

Gas gauge was showing low, down to the top of the red mark on the gauge, but 'check gauges' light never came on and the 'range' still showed about 68 miles, I drove it about 10 more miles to get to where I usually gas up.

Ideas anyone?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

You might have better luck on the C5 forum.

Were you going up or down a hill that could have caused it to run out of gas? Check it with a code reader and see if a code was set. Auto Zone and other parts stores will loan you a reader to check it in their parking lot.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Atomic-Vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah parked on a hill or hard turn or acceleration may have caused your baffle to run low. ??? not sure man.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:43 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

I had that happen on my C5 early on. Turned out to be some water in the tank. Did you get a reduced power warning and a ding ding ding warning? After I filled the tank, the warning went away.

Get notified of new replies

To Running rough, missing, check engine light on?

Quick Reply: Running rough, missing, check engine light on?