C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 exhaust vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:45 PM
bluedevil4
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 exhaust vacuum lines

i recently bought an 2006 Z06 catback exhaust system for my c6 z51... i searched the forum and figured out how to run the solenoid and the Vacuum tank lines... My question is where and how do i run the rest of the lines to the front of the car and where do i tap the vacuum lines into??? Please help me out!!! Thanks!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
jimmybobby
Drifting

Check with BoneDaddy - a few others have done this as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
bluedevil4
Heel & Toe

Anyone??? I Need Help!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 PM
vlocty
Advanced

I am getting ready to do the same mod but using LG headers w/ ZO6 muffs. If I find out any more info than what is in other posts, I will update. Please post if you discover first.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
'03blackonblack
Racer

I am also planning on doing the same. 05 automatic
Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 PM
bluedevil4
Heel & Toe

I wrote an PM to members TJwong, bonedaddy and two other forum member who have done the Z06 conversion exhaust... Still waiting for a response... I hope someone knows the answer to this otherwise I am going to have to go to the dealer and ask them if I can take a look!!!! thanks for the input everyone else!!!! will keep u updated!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bluedevil4
i recently bought an 2006 Z06 catback exhaust system for my c6 z51... i searched the forum and figured out how to run the solenoid and the Vacuum tank lines... My question is where and how do i run the rest of the lines to the front of the car and where do i tap the vacuum lines into??? Please help me out!!! Thanks!!!
Are you running the factory vacuum lines or lines that you are making up from scratch? I used my own lines that I made from 1/4" steel tubing. I ran the lines above the tunnel plate on the left side of the tunnel, tie wrapping them to the existing lines above the tunnel. I also use some small 1/4" vacuum hose that I split in order to insulate the tubing where it contacts the existing steel lines so as to now rub metal on metal.

For a vacuum source you can either tee into the brake booster hose or you can remove the intake and use the unused but plugged nipple that is at the rear of the intake manifold. All you need is one vacuum line from the engine to the solenoid valve. I am not sure what valve you are using but I used a industrial solenoid valve that I control with a rocker switch that I mounted on the console which can be any rocker switch or you can use the factory F55 switch. My switch costs a fraction of what the F55 switch costs and has a LED that indicates status. The solenoid valve that I used vents the muffler vacuum cans when it is in the loud mode, when in quiet mode vacuum is routed to the muffler vacuum cans where there is also the small vacuum resorvoir which is T'd into the vacuum circuit. I used high temp thick wall silicone hose to make the connections at the solenoid valve and the muffler vacuum cans.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
bluedevil4
Heel & Toe

i have no set up yet but i was wondering if you could tell me who made the exact solenoid your using in you conversion??? thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 07:56 PM
High 11s
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys,

I assume you have not seen the post below. It is a great set of instructions on what parts are needed and most of the install instructions.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1655222

(if the link does not work you may need to copy and paste)

Hope this helps you all out. I will be installing the Z06 mufflers I just purchased on my VR 07 soon.

jdm
Old 08-25-2007, 09:03 AM
leahann52
3rd Gear

Default Z06 Mufflers

Iasked the same question, i think its post 1792177 by sunsetorange dream........
Old 08-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Vettlldo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Z06 exhaust port valve parts/installation

See attached link. A complete GM Service Manual vacuum routing diagram is included within the first 3 pages of "Part 1". A vacuum port IS available on the back of a standard LS2 intake (see pic below) so it's not necessary to tap into the power brake hose for vacuum. All OEM vacuum lines run inside the tunnel area in already mounted OEM harnesses. There is an empty 1/4" vacuum route for the vacuum line on each harness.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...73&postcount=9

Last edited by Vettlldo; 08-25-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 exhaust vacuum lines

Quick Reply: Z06 exhaust vacuum lines