C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vararam installation question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 AM
LMBluestreak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vararam installation question

Hi all,
Installed a VR yesterday with a friend in my 06 coupe. We spent a lot of time cutting the shroud, to get the fit just right. . . so, here is my question. If we cut the shroud correctly, should the filter / maf / accordian air hose all hook up to the throttle body easily, we both had to "horsepower" them on and I am not sure if, perhaps we should have cut more off the front part of the shroud...runs great btw! Oh yea, it does have the tb spacer as well. any comments would be appreciated!

LMB 06 A6 with COW tune
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LMBluestreak
Hi all,
Installed a VR yesterday with a friend in my 06 coupe. We spent a lot of time cutting the shroud, to get the fit just right. . . so, here is my question. If we cut the shroud correctly, should the filter / maf / accordian air hose all hook up to the throttle body easily, we both had to "horsepower" them on and I am not sure if, perhaps we should have cut more off the front part of the shroud...runs great btw! Oh yea, it does have the tb spacer as well. any comments would be appreciated!

LMB 06 A6 with COW tune
hi. i had no problem it does slip over firmly if cut and installed correctly the vr wont hit the hood liner when shut you will see the mark. you usaully have to got the front out all the way to the two humps in the shrouds front. bacicly removing part of them
Old 06-24-2007, 09:16 AM
LMBluestreak
Advanced

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
hi. i had no problem it does slip over firmly if cut and installed correctly the vr wont hit the hood liner when shut you will see the mark. you usaully have to got the front out all the way to the two humps in the shrouds front. bacicly removing part of them
Thanks, It does not hit the hood liner, and I did have to cut away about 50% of the two humps....yet didn't exacly slide over...nice color on your car BTW

LMB 06 A6 COW Tune
Old 06-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Kerls07
Pro

I had to call vararam because of the postion it sat under the hood. (I even bought prscut shroud from them)
I measured some areas that they told me to and they sent me out a custom cut bottom scoup that fit great. (got rid of rubbing issues with hood liner and helped everything seal better)
They say it only needs to be done that way to a couple cars.
Great customer support.
Mine was about 1/4 inch to long if I am not mistaken.
Reach under the system toward the engine and make sure where the 2 pieces top and bottom connect there isnt a gap. Mine had one that is why I started calling and explaining to vararam.
You need to put over 100 miles on it to give your computer a cahnce to reset itself before you will really feel a large difference.
good luck
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also had the TB spacer and I found the problem was the OEM accordion was just too long/too bulky. I ended buying two sections of silicone couplers from www.hightempsilicone.com/product/HTS350400T43BK worked great!
Old 06-24-2007, 01:13 PM
DP Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Miaugi
I also had the TB spacer and I found the problem was the OEM accordion was just too long/too bulky. I ended buying two sections of silicone couplers from www.hightempsilicone.com/product/HTS350400T43BK worked great!
I too am having problems! I removed the spacer and still it doesn't fit correctly, can you give specific details as to how to install the two silicone couplers?

Thanks,
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To vararam installation question

Quick Reply: vararam installation question