C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 CAI options?

Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
jmX
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS3 CAI options?

I see that a few shops have put K&N CAI's on their first LS3 and dyno'd it, but I can't actually find anybody selling the setup. I also seem to be a little confused as to what the differences are between the Z06 setup and the LS3 setup, if any.

Can anybody clear up exactly what the CAI options are for an LS3, and where those options are sold (not ebay preferably).

Jon
Old 08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
NIGHTSTALKER
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be wrong, but I don't see why any LS2 intake wouldn't work on an LS3...As far as I'm aware the intake track is the same.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jmX
I see that a few shops have put K&N CAI's on their first LS3 and dyno'd it, but I can't actually find anybody selling the setup. I also seem to be a little confused as to what the differences are between the Z06 setup and the LS3 setup, if any.

Can anybody clear up exactly what the CAI options are for an LS3, and where those options are sold (not ebay preferably).

Jon
Jon,

The LS3 and the LS7 share the same AIS system. You can use a Killer Bee/Vette-Air combo on your LS3 just like the LS7's and make good power.

Please visit:www.vette-air.com

Thanks,
Carlos

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/co...air-install-a/

Old 08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
11secondGP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LS7 K&N is what they are dynoing on the LS3. You can find them at many places for $270-$300.

The LS3 appears to use the LS7 AIS with the exception of the LS3 silencer port on the passenger side.

I don't see why any LS2 intake wouldn't work on an LS3...
Different MAF type.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:18 PM
jmX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Jon,

The LS3 and the LS7 share the same AIS system. You can use a Killer Bee/Vette-Air combo on your LS3 just like the LS7's and make good power.

Please visit:www.vette-air.com

Thanks,
Carlos

Thanks for the info, but why are these 2 things listed as sepearte products on your site.

1) Halltech Killer Bee AAIS: 2006-2008 Z06 Available in Red or Black. Please specify color with purchase.

then right below it you have:

2) Halltech C6 / LS3 Killer Bee AAIS: 2008 C6 LS3 Available in Black only.

If they are the same thing, shouldn't it just be one item thats for LS7 and LS3, available in both red and black for either car? I think things like this are sources of some of my confusion on the subject.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jmX
Thanks for the info, but why are these 2 things listed as sepearte products on your site.

1) Halltech Killer Bee AAIS: 2006-2008 Z06 Available in Red or Black. Please specify color with purchase.

then right below it you have:

2) Halltech C6 / LS3 Killer Bee AAIS: 2008 C6 LS3 Available in Black only.

If they are the same thing, shouldn't it just be one item thats for LS7 and LS3, available in both red and black for either car? I think things like this are sources of some of my confusion on the subject.
Sorry for the confusion Mr. Jmx, it is the same (red or black) for both LS3 and LS7.

We show the red and black colors for the LS7 because some Z06 owners want a unit that matches the red coil covers...that's all.

So, if you want a red unit for your LS3, we can certainly help you with that.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 PM
lilpuu1
Instructor

I could of sweared that in the previous quotes I read that Jim Hall (KB) stated that on the LS3 the fit was a little tight on installation when using the LS7 kit. And that they were working on a kit especially for the LS3 and that the intake tube was a little short or something to that effect. No Jim says it will fit. I rather have the proper kit made for the LS3 snd not hassle with the installation. Does anyone know about this?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:53 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lilpuu1
I could of sweared that in the previous quotes I read that Jim Hall (KB) stated that on the LS3 the fit was a little tight on installation when using the LS7 kit. And that they were working on a kit especially for the LS3 and that the intake tube was a little short or something to that effect. No Jim says it will fit. I rather have the proper kit made for the LS3 snd not hassle with the installation. Does anyone know about this?
We've done a few LS3's with the KB and it fits just fine.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 08-23-2007, 02:19 PM
mikesul
Drifting

I used the K&N #63-3060 intake used on the C6 Z06 on my '08 C6.. It fits perfectly and gets rid of the "harmonics" silencer box.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
11secondGP
Burning Brakes

Did you notice an increase in power with the K&N mikesul?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Crystal Red ZR1
Advanced

Originally Posted by lilpuu1
Yes, the Killer Bee when used on a LS3 needs to be shortened slightly to fit perfectly. Without shortening, it will fit but with a slight gap over the radiator. I had the first install by Jim on my LS3. I did have the car dyno's totally stock and with Killer Bee with great results. I emailed Jim the before and after dyno results. The air/fuel ratio was 11.1 so there is lots of room for more power with a tune
Old 08-29-2007, 12:04 AM
lilpuu1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black LS3
Yes, the Killer Bee when used on a LS3 needs to be shortened slightly to fit perfectly. Without shortening, it will fit but with a slight gap over the radiator. I had the first install by Jim on my LS3. I did have the car dyno's totally stock and with Killer Bee with great results. I emailed Jim the before and after dyno results. The air/fuel ratio was 11.1 so there is lots of room for more power with a tune

Jim Hall, I thought even you mentioned this to me too that it was short. Well, I get mine this Thursday and I hope it will fit right or it goes back. I don't want to cut anything to void product.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:47 PM
mikesul
Drifting

Originally Posted by 11secondGP
Did you notice an increase in power with the K&N mikesul?
I got a mail order tune from COW at the same time, so don't really know how much of the "new" power comes just from the intake.

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 CAI options?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS3 CAI options?