C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation System Disc Map Update -- 2005 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Pegasos
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Navigation System Disc Map Update -- 2005 Corvette

I have a 2005 Corvette that is still in warranty but the navigation system disc map is really out of date. We lived in Wisconsin when I bought it new and little changed there in streets. We have just moved to Phoenix and it seems like a very large amount of streets are not on the system map.

Would appreciate any help in knowing how to get an update to be more current. The local dealer here really wasn't much help.

Regards,

DRBpegasos@aol.com
Old 04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Chevtech
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go:
Via the web through gmnavdisc.com

• Via the telephone at 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472)

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Xlr8yourC5
Instructor

No free updates for 2005 owners (some later years got 2 free NAV disc updates I think IIRC)

My 2005 had v1.0 -(bought it used last june) - I registered at the GM NAV site (think it was gmnavdisc.com) and last fall (either late Oct. or early Nov. 2007) ago got a postcard on the 2008 Nav disc offer (with a 15% discount code) - *but* the 2007 NAV disc was reduced to well under 1/2 list and when i called they took the 15% discount code off the 2007 disc price too. - I think I paid under $50 after the 15% discount for the 2007 Nav disc. (Got it in mid. Nov. 2007)

Found my invoice (in the pkg) but it doesn't have a price - but I think it was like $49 or so after the 15% off - very cheap compared to full list price for the latest version (the 2007 version was good enough for me...)

Not sure that offer (15% off, cheap 2007 discs) are still valid but just a FYI...
Old 04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Cleve
Heel & Toe

I too just bought a 2005 C6 with Nav. My car had only 3600 miles on it. I was somewhat disappointed with the accuracy of my nav. My friend just bought an 08 C6 with Nav. His is version 4, where mine is version 1. He burned a copy, and it works great in my car. I've heard they are about $199 at the dealer.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,071 Posts

My 2006 had the two free update option (2007, 2008). Just got my 2008 set in the mail yesterday. I'll have to buy the next set, but this set should last awhile.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
NewC6guy
Instructor

I have an 06 and got my last update in the mail about a week ago (VER 4) Haven't got to try it yet because the car is in the body shop getting fixed. Should be ready next week.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 05 C6 and I just recieved my upgrade NAV disc version 4.0 in the mail. It has a lot of updates from what I can tell.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 PM
71stang99
Drifting

I bought my 05 used but made the dealer buy the newest disk at the time (v.3)

Since then I have a copy of v 4 and driving in southern and northern Nevada I have not noticed any major changes to the maps however I was told the biggest gain for changing to the two disk setup was more POIs

Gave my v3 disk away to another member on the forum, perhaps if your lucky you can catch one as well.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Disc
2nd Gear

My issue: I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 here in Hawaii with a Denso Navigation System...However when I bought the car the salesman told me that the navigation works in Hawaii, however, i just found out the DVD Navigation Disc doesn't have a map of Hawaii on it. So, i have a $1,200 "rock of a nav system. Both Denso and Navteq don't know when they will have a map for Hawaii. I found out that this is a market strategy $$$ if the market in Hawaii doesn't make money for the company, they leave the nav system owner here in Hawaii high and dry. After much research and trial and error I found out that the most compatible DVD navigation disc with my system is the either the Cadillac or Hummer Discs, but not fully. All the options for POIs and Address add didn't work but at least the map displayed. These are the only ones that can be recognized by the Denso system bios. Mercedez, Lexus, the only only other Denso sytems here in Hawaii, were not recognized as a map disc by my system.
I believe if I can get the map files from a Cadillac or Hummer DVD disc that I might be able to combine my DVD systems files with the map files to make a compatible DVD Disc with a Hawaii map on it.*

Could any of you please put me on the right track with this project? I only need the map file for Hawaii if one of you have a map of Hawaii on their disc.

Thanks in advance...
Old 06-24-2017, 02:50 PM
C3Vette73
8th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Just became a member today, but I have read the corvette forum on many occasions and thought it was about time I became a member.

That said, I have read several threads regarding the MAP DVD issues. I have tried all of them. I was able to retrieve the disc after reading the compressed air advice and cleaned the disc. I inserted the disc back into the slot big mistake disc will not release again. Battery trick did not work.

This Nav system was replaced about two years ago when it completely went dead and the car refused to start what a learning experience that was the chevy dealer in Santa Maria had to replace the unit three times before they got one that worked. Apparently there are two sources for these units which are rebuilds. The first source was all jacked until they finally call chevy and they told them to try the other supplier.

The system has worked fine until two days ago and nothing everything else works as it should, just not the DVD.

Any new suggestions?

Does anyone know if the unit is a plug and play device I am getting a little untrusting with some of the dealerships. Any recommendations in San Diego CA?

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation System Disc Map Update -- 2005 Corvette

Quick Reply: Navigation System Disc Map Update -- 2005 Corvette