C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with self install of Headers on C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:15 PM
tewebb
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help with self install of Headers on C6 Z06

Fixing to install a set of Kook headers with cat x-pipe and B&B bullet cat-backs. I did my install on my C5 Z06 myself, but have since then forgot.
I plan on the install in my garage on jack stands. Can anyone lead me to any "How to install" page's that has pictures. Also, any problems or advice on getting the oem exhaust off while on jack stands?

Any and all help would be grateful
Old 11-29-2008, 01:16 AM
tewebb
Racer

Originally Posted by smoothbore
This is an easy install. Remove the X-pipe from the cats then from the mufflers. keep the O-2 sensers in order they need to go back in the same way. Go to the rear and drop the swaybar down from the frame. now remove the mufflers out the back of the car. Next remove the cats from the manifolds. next romove the plug wires and sparkplugs then remove the ex manifolds. Now install the haeders And exhaust system according to the instructions from KOOKS.
Thank you for your reply. I have read ARH header install sheet and they say the starter has to be removed and on the Z06 to drain the oil and remove the oil lines from the oil pan.
Have you heard of this before. Did you install Kook headers on a C6 coupe or a C6 Z06?

Thanking you, Tom
Old 11-29-2008, 01:21 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its that dry sump system. our regular c6's dont have em so we dont have to remove the oil lines. It easy to change your headers on jack stands though I did mine on jack stands. Just put the headers under the car sideways and then when they're in posistion tilt them up into the eng bay. Its easier if you have somebody up top to grab them. A great job for the wife if shes not washing dishes or something important.
Ive also found it easier to remove the entire bracket for the mufflers rather than trying to get them out of the rubber pieces all 4 times Ive had my exhuast out.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

I agree. Header install on a C6 is an easy job.
I was able to only loosen the starter and tilt it slightly and still get the right header in.
Make sure you have an O2 sensor socket as they are very tight and recessed into the manifolds.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:25 PM
tewebb
Racer

Thanks to everyone for your help. Is there anywhere I can find a "How to install" page with pictures.
When I did my C5 Z06 it was all over the forums. I printed it out and it led me through everything I needed to know. It sure helped

What is an 02 sensor socket? Is this a special tool just for 02 sensors?

Get notified of new replies

To Help with self install of Headers on C6 Z06

Quick Reply: Help with self install of Headers on C6 Z06