C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using Your car for experiments

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 PM
ntrimm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Your car for experiments

Well, I have heard a little about this and I find it interesting. Anyone with knowledge please chime in. I heard from my tuner that sometimes companies will give you products (i.e. superchargers, turbos, etc.) at little or no cost if they can use your vehicle for testing (guinnea pig)??? I would be interested in this if anyone knows anything in regards to this. Please give me your thoughts or knowledge.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Steege
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Countless hours of grueling test procedures for a "free" $7k supercharger?

Hope you don't consider your car a daily driver afterward.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I got my own test program going. It isn't free but I call the shots.

I would think most of the more major concerns would have test vehicles pretty much lined-up without having to throw it out into the wild. You never know...send some letters and let them know you're available. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

I can mount some rocket boosters on your car...c'mon down! it'll be fun...heard Orbiting around the earth is quite fun...

They sometime will require your car for a while. I had a friend with a new mustang (a few years back) and supership asked if they could borrow his car to creat one of their mustang chip...I think they hooked him up with a car rental, then he got to keep the chip at no cost and they also installed gears (4.11 then 3.73) to test on dyno and for him to test as a DD...he got to keep his favorite ratio (think it was the 3.73's)...so yes sometime it can work out. 7k supercharger? hmmm I'm not so sure...80% discount on it? very possible.

Get notified of new replies

To Using Your car for experiments

Quick Reply: Using Your car for experiments