C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation unit install ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 PM
dwiemers
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation unit install ?

Need help! I've got a 2008 LT1 and I want to put a navi from another Vette in it. How easy is this? Can I just pull out the factory stereo and put this in? Any suggestions would help!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
FRANKENSTEIN4x42000
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just did mine, piece of cake take off the console, 4 screws if i remember right and swap the units, the only thing is where to mount the antenna, there is a post about it when i was looking for it. and you are done.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
dwiemers
Pro

So, you don't have to have the bose system or anything to make it work? that was my main concern...if it's plug and play i'm all over it....

Also, is there better models with diff years? some play dvd's and some don't or something? or should I not worry about what year as long as it's C6 stock stuff...

Thx again!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

If you don't have Bose your in for quite a chore. With Bose it's plug and play. 05's had older programming so you would want to upgrade the programming. 06 to 08 is pretty much the same unless you have steering wheel controls then late 07 and 08 is what you would need. 09 incorporated Blue-Tooth.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 PM
dwiemers
Pro

Good deal, so I'm going to shoot for an 06-08, and it CAN be done in a coupe without Bose but it just takes a little more work.....what is the extra work that needs to be done? Splicing some wires or something?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

It going to be lot more than a little work. Check in the stereo forum do a search probably on NAV and you should find several threads on what is involved.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 AM
MCSSLT1
Burning Brakes

I was going to put up a new post but this one looks like it answers my question. As long as the car has the Bose Premium Sound System it is plug and play? It seems that people are selling the factory Nav units for $500-700.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
rstingray
4th Gear

I had installed a factory Nav unit into my 2005 and documented the install here: http://www.skyhighphotos.net/CorvetteNAV.htm
http://www.skyhighphotos.net/CorvetteNAV.htm

Hopefully, that answers any questions you may have.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 PM
rik8020
Cruising

Default Navigation Installation GPS Signal

Installed navigation in my 08 coupe, everything went fine but today put in the navigation disk. Typed in a destination from my place to a nearby location in SoCal and the trip was originating from Washington DC. The map indicator was moving as I drove and the voice kept giving me directions not related to my trip.

I tried to calibrate the location and I got the indicator to show my house as location. The GP indicator on the screen has a red line slashed through it. I am thinking it needs to be turned on somehow. Any help?
Old 07-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by rik8020
Installed navigation in my 08 coupe, everything went fine but today put in the navigation disk. Typed in a destination from my place to a nearby location in SoCal and the trip was originating from Washington DC. The map indicator was moving as I drove and the voice kept giving me directions not related to my trip.

I tried to calibrate the location and I got the indicator to show my house as location. The GP indicator on the screen has a red line slashed through it. I am thinking it needs to be turned on somehow. Any help?
I answered your email

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation unit install ?

Quick Reply: Navigation unit install ?