C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 intake vacuum connector questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default LS3 intake vacuum connector questions

On the back of the intake manifold there is a T-shaped cap that must be removed to access vacuum.
See: http://www.nakidparts.com/sitebuilde...es/npplite.pdf and scroll to the last page.

I've made several attempts to remove it and have only succeeded in breaking off one of the legs of the T. It's buried so deep behind the manifold it can't be seen without a mirror and even then not very well.

The questions are: Is this a cap that just slips on and off or is it one that must be broken off, as in not replaceable?

Is the flat protusion just to protect the connector? Can it be broken off to get better access to the connector without fear of damaging the manifold?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its got to be broken off. I used an exacto knife taped to a nutdriver. Here is a close up of what you are working on. The Tee is molded to the end of the barb fitting.

Here is is taped on, but you can see where you need to cut. I was going to score it then break off, but it popped off.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by nwc6
Its got to be broken off. I used an exacto knife taped to a nutdriver. Here is a close up of what you are working on. The Tee is molded to the end of the barb fitting.

Here is is taped on, but you can see where you need to cut. I was going to score it then break off, but it popped off.
Thanks. That's extremely helpful.

Man! Do I ever love this forum.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 PM
sterw
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I was cutting off the end of the vacuum port today and noticed oil on the xacto blade. Should oil be present here?

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 intake vacuum connector questions

Quick Reply: LS3 intake vacuum connector questions