C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob and Tech 2 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
muskaroxs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob and Tech 2 question

I have lost my keys for my 2005 corvette "I have 0 original keys". My dad has access to a tech 2 scanner and I was wondering what the procedure would be to mate the new key fobs that I just bought from the dealer was?
Thanks for your help!
-Chris
Old 06-16-2009, 07:12 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the dealer charged me something like $50 to program my new one. the tech told me at the time, but my memory, alas----sounded simple though
Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
GMautotech
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Method 2 - Replacing Key Fobs (No Known Key Fob Available)

This procedure will erase all known key fobs. The procedure will then program a single or multiple key fobs. It requires that you have a replacement key fob and a scan tool. Any known fobs should be removed from the vicinity of the vehicle.

Important: All previously programmed key fobs will be erased upon completion of the 30-minute programming procedure. The order in which the key fobs are programmed will determine its numbering position within the RCDLR memory. The first key fob programmed will be key fob #1, and the second key fob programmed will be key fob #2. The number stamped on the key fob case is for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1.
Do not place any known key fobs in the vicinity of the vehicle when programming with Method 2. If the RCDLR recognizes a known key fob during Method 2 programming, the programming mode will resort to Method 1.

1. Using the scan tool access the following:
• Vehicle Control Systems
• Module Setup
• Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
• Program Key Fobs
2. Select Invalidate All Fobs. Press enter on the Tech 2. The Tech 2 will display: FOLLOW SI INSTRUCTIONS. Press enter on the Tech 2 to continue, then press the PROGRAM button. The DIC will display: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
3. Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.
4. The DIC will display a message: WAIT 10 MINUTES. It will then count down from 10 to 0, one minute at a time.
5. When the timer reaches 0, the DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN. Repeat steps 3-5 two more times, for a total of 30 minutes. The repeating of steps 3-5 must be done within 3 minutes of the timer reaching zero to prevent the exiting of learn mode. On the second and third sequence, the DIC will briefly display NO FOB DETECTED before transitioning to the timer. This is normal.
6. At the end of the 30 minutes, a beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB 1. At this time all previously known key fobs have been erased.
7. Place the replacement key fob in the glove box fob pocket with the buttons facing right.
8. A beep will occur indicating the fob has been programmed.
9. Additional key fobs can be programmed by removing fob 1 from the pocket and inserting fob 2. If desired, up to 4 fobs can be programmed. Once 4 fobs have been learned, the DIC will display a message: MAX FOBS LEARNED, and automatically exit the program mode.
10. If learning less than 4 key fobs, press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button to exit the program mode.

Important: Failure to press the UNLOCK button of each key fob will result in that fob being inoperative. Pressing the UNLOCK button finishes the programming sequence and is require to ensure transmitter operation.
11. Press the UNLOCK button of each key fob to finalize the programming and confirm system operation.
The following users liked this post:
72greg (10-28-2019)
Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM
BBinFla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious...what does a Tech 2 cost and where can you buy one? Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Key Fob and Tech 2 question

Quick Reply: Key Fob and Tech 2 question