C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question...about Corsa exhausts???

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

Default Question...about Corsa exhausts???

This has probably been asked before, but, I never saw it. I have several questions regarding Corsa exhausts. This is in reference to
application with an A6 tranny.

1.) How come I see that you cannot have the dual tip Sport or Touring mufflers with an A6 "X" pipe??? Why??? Isn't it the "X" pipe that muffles the "drone"???

2.) I've been told the Touring systems are lame & the Sports are too loud with an A6. What is the REAL story??

3.) Why are the prices of these systems so much higher than everyone else's ??? I've had several mechanics tell me "they ain't that good." Is it a rip-off ???

I hope to get an after market system for my '06 A6 in the spring. I'd like to know the "real" story.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

I installed a Corsa Sport on my C6 Auto Trans Coupe. A Corsa Sport system does not include the X pipe. A Corsa Touring is the Sport plus an added X pipe with resonators. The nice feature of the Sport is if it's too loud, you can easily add the X pipe Touring conversion and tone it down. You can get a Corsa Sport with dual tips on each side, it is just tricky the way they label them.
My opinion, the Corsa Sport is close to perfect. It does not drone in an auto trans C6 and it is not loud if you are just cruising. But, step on the gas pedal and it really sings. At initial start up, it is loud for 2 seconds and then quiets down, just about perfect.

Corsa exhaust systems are expensive. They are high quality stainless steel polished to a mirror finish. They do not require coating and they fit and function exceptionally well. In a day dominated with low quality Chinese parts, the Corsa Exhaust is a shining example of American quality.

Last edited by Vito.A; 12-16-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:58 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have MagnaFlow, but why not call Corsa and talk to them.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Silver Bullet C6
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGfFvhRbsIo

Here is a video of my car. You can hear the Corsa Sport with Kooks headers & x-pipe (as well as the supercharger). The car also has a small cam (220/220). I like my Sports with my A6... I don't think they are too loud until I really start to move.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
This has probably been asked before, but, I never saw it. I have several questions regarding Corsa exhausts. This is in reference to
application with an A6 tranny.

1.) How come I see that you cannot have the dual tip Sport or Touring mufflers with an A6 "X" pipe??? Why??? Isn't it the "X" pipe that muffles the "drone"???

2.) I've been told the Touring systems are lame & the Sports are too loud with an A6. What is the REAL story??

3.) Why are the prices of these systems so much higher than everyone else's ??? I've had several mechanics tell me "they ain't that good." Is it a rip-off ???

I hope to get an after market system for my '06 A6 in the spring. I'd like to know the "real" story.
the sports are not too loud...i have a stock 09..there is zero drone on the freeway, cant even tell there is an exhaust on the car...but when you hit it you get a huge rush with the music coming from the back of the car. Also it looks killer from behind
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default Corsa Sport

Originally Posted by Vito.A
I installed a Corsa Sport on my C6 Auto Trans Coupe. A Corsa Sport system does not include the X pipe. A Corsa Touring is the Sport plus an added X pipe with resonators. The nice feature of the Sport is if it's too loud, you can easily add the X pipe Touring conversion and tone it down. You can get a Corsa Sport with dual tips on each side, it is just tricky the way they label them.
My opinion, the Corsa Sport is close to perfect. It does not drone in an auto trans C6 and it is not loud if you are just cruising. But, step on the gas pedal and it really sings. At initial start up, it is loud for 2 seconds and then quiets down, just about perfect.

Corsa exhaust systems are expensive. They are high quality stainless steel polished to a mirror finish. They do not require coating and they fit and function exceptionally well. In a day dominated with low quality Chinese parts, the Corsa Exhaust is a shining example of American quality.
totally. Corsa is a high-end set-up and worth every penny.

The problem with opinions on this as far as the sound is concerned is that it is a very subjective observation--all in the ears of the beholder. You shouldn't have much problem locating someone nearby or in a local Corvette club who has Corsa Sports so you can determine for yourself. Just by way of suggestion, perhaps you could manage a ride in a Corvette so equipped, so that you could formulate your own opinion on what it sounds like from outside the car and the inside as well. They are killer though!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 PM
sprinkler
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an A6 with the Corsa Sports and the stock H pipe. For me the sound is perfect. Nice idle, screams at WOT, and as quiet as stock at cruise. Just what I was looking for, and I did my homework and listened to several cars with the Sports. Not to many people on the Forum had anything bad to say about them either. I'm not clear about your concerns regarding the exit pipes, but for info I have the two 4" pipes on mine, not the quad pipes. Like that my car looks a little different. I did the install myself using ramps and jacks.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys for the inputs. After your comments, the way I stand right now is I think I'll look to get the Corsa Sports with the dual 4" tips and if my wifey busts my fat ****....I'll spring for the "Touring" "X" pipe. I had been considering the Magnaflows...which I really like their tone & advertised HP increase or the GHL's, which I had on my M6 C5...but were really loud. I am trying to avoid the drone factor. Now, to find the best price..ha ha. Thank's again, all of you. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year & Happy Holidays to all...
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Nobars Toofar
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a C5 convertible with Corsa Touring. Tomorrow I go to the shop to see how we can convert them over to Sports. Touring is too mellow, IMHO. I like the "no drone", however. Shouldn't lose that in the conversion to Sport. High quality product.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 PM
HuskerBullet
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vito.A
I agree fully! I have the Corsa Sports and they are fairly quiet at idle. My neice even told me that my Vette is very quiet until I get on it, then she said, "OMG!"
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Ah ha!! But guys, will I be able to put on the Sports & my wife think that the car is just getting older???? Or, should I get the Touring???
Old 12-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Everyone has their own opinion but a couple mechanics I know recommend Corsa exhausts for the C6. I have a quad-tip Corsa Sport exhaust behind LG Pro long tube headers and a built LPE engine. I don't know about the "real story" but the Corsa Sport exhaust certainly works for me.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

IMHO the Corsa Touring exhaust is too quiet and the Sport sounds great.

There is a short removable section between the X/H pipe and the tubing leading to the mufflers. The Touring exhaust has a small resonator and the Sport just has a straight pipe. Converting from one to the other is pretty easy.

The A6 version of either the Sport or Touring has a special X/H pipe (at least they do for '06) that is designed to eliminate the drone that is unique to the A6. It works very well.

Corsa is a quality brand and worth the price, but to ultimately make the best choice in sound quality, you really should listen to some different systems.

It's a lot of money to spend on something you live with all the time, and it's worth making the effort to get it right the first time.

Take advantage of you Local Area Forum and set up some first hand demos.

Happy Holidays to you, as well.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there anyway to compare the Bi-Mod mufflers with the Corsa Sports?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Taking the advice of all of you I will probably, within the next three months get a Corsa Sport cat back system. I actually like the dual versus the quad tips...but, I don't need wifey noticing anything unusual.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by timd38
I have MagnaFlow, but why not call Corsa and talk to them.
Yes, to the above. Too bad you couldn't go to the four-day event at Carlisle, PA last August. You could've heard all the Corsas you wanted, and asked the company reps questions, too.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Dik
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Corsa Sports

The car I bought had a Corsa sports exhaust. It was the one thing I was worried about. If it was too loud I was going to ****-can it. I hate cheesy-loud vehicles.

With this Corsa I couldn't be happier. Barks when I start it but settles into a great rumble at idle. Mash the peddle and it will scream with a nice burble on the down-shift (... A6 too). Did I mention zero drone?

I didn't know what to expect and I had nothing to compare it to but I am very impressed. Plus the wife (who doesn't give a cr@p about cars ... until now....) actually likes it too.

Happy Dick
Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 PM
BigMay60
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my sports. Very little, if any, when crusing at highway speeds. Add some LG Longtubes and remove the cats -- you will really love the way it sounds.

Get notified of new replies

To Question...about Corsa exhausts???

Quick Reply: Question...about Corsa exhausts???