C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

duel fuel pump ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
wooden
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default duel fuel pump ?

Ok I am trying to due the duel in take fuel pumps, I have the tank removed and trying to pull pump and bucket out of tank it will not come out of tank, the bucket seems to be too big to fit through the hole, what am I missing here.thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 03:01 PM
wooden
Racer

will I wasn,t missing anything, the hole is too small don,t know how they got it in there, had to cut the line from pump and disconnect wires and pulled top half out, just the bucket and pump left in the tank, still trying to get it out.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

hope this helps

Removal Procedure
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (6.0L) (See: Starting and Charging\Battery\Battery Cable\Service and Repair\Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (6.0L))Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (7.0L) (See: Starting and Charging\Battery\Battery Cable\Service and Repair\Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (7.0L)) .
Remove the left fuel tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Replacement - Left Side (See: Fuel Tank\Service and Repair\Removal and Replacement\Fuel Tank Replacement - Left Side) .
Place the fuel tank on a suitable work surface.
Disconnect the fuel pump jumper harness from the fuel pump module (1).
Disconnect the jet line insert connector from the crossover tube to fuel tank opening.
Disconnect the fuel feed line from the welded clip on the side of the fuel tank. Important: The fuel pump module is spring loaded and will spring upward when the locking ring is removed.
Using the J39765-A , remove the fuel pump module locking ring.
Carefully remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank, with the jet lines connected. Take care not to damage the fuel sender float arm.
Disconnect the jet line quick-connect connectors from the fuel pump module inner port.
Remove the jet line from the module retainer cup. This line has no attached connector.
Remove the fuel pump module O-ring from the fuel tank opening.
Remove the jet line insert through the crossover tube to fuel tank opening.
Carefully remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank, with the jet lines connected. Take care not to damage the fuel sender float arm.
Disconnect the jet line quick-connect connectors from the fuel pump module inner port.
Remove the jet line from the module retainer cup. This line has no attached connector.
Remove the fuel pump module O-ring from the fuel tank opening.
Remove the jet line insert through the crossover tube to fuel tank opening.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:01 PM
mattsc
Pro

Just finished a Zo6 pump in a C-6 bucket.like you but there was nothing to cut whatsoever, that was could be a problem for reassembly but lets get it out for now.anyways as the top of the pump comes out of the bucket it dissconects from the base of the pump where it's clipped together this is O.K make sure the sending unit level arm is in the grove at the top of the bucket and stays there or you can dissconect it too.then we use mac tools hose pullers/installers to grab the lower pump assembly and slowey but surely and carefuly remove the pump bottom.YES IT IS VERY TIGHT TAKE YOUR TIME. DON'T CUT OR BREAK ANYTHING ELSE.Hope this helps you and your almost there and remember the hardest part is reinstallation of the cross tank tube.Make sure all orings and solid gaskets are in order.and you get all three tabs locked in place on the crossover tube. (Hope this helps).Matt
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
wooden
Racer

I finally got the bottom section out, I think it may have been tighter than usaul because its 25 degrees out and the plastic has shrunk a bit, I only cut the fuel line from pump which needs removed for new pumps so no problem there, ready to start reassembly, thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Keep us posted on your twin pump install! Pics please.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Nothing???
Old 01-30-2010, 02:18 AM
wooden
Racer

will its all back together won,t beable to fire it up for awhile still have to finish up the rest of my winter mods, no pic,s, 20 degrees out too cold to take the time to take pic,s. diff, tranny new drive line and axles are in, need to put the wide body on and start on the motor end.

Get notified of new replies

To duel fuel pump ?

Quick Reply: duel fuel pump ?