C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header and intake gains

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Neumonic2002
Yes I was, I have also watched the progress of the 66' very very nice!
I have been freinds with Billy for some time now, great guy not to mention he is an expert when it comes to C5's and C6's not to mention some of the older gems.

I lost power from a cold air intake until I had it tuned, you can verify that with the guy Bill uses for tuning (he did a couple tunes for me last year) I have enjoyed the little bit of modding I have done to this car so far, did Heads & cam to my last vette and hope to control myself a little more with this one.

shoot me a PM if you ever want to shoot the sh_t about cars over a beer.

I'll be in touch. As Bill about his visit to the Cubans. He spent the night in my garage on one of his visits.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:15 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
Instead of assuming and spreading doom and gloom stories, call your dealer and ask what mods they allow. My dealer warrantied any mod they installed including superchargers and extended warranties can honor anything if the tuner you use endorses the mod. I have seen S/C modded cars get a new engine under warranty (Vette Doctors) and I have seen diffs repaired AND upgraded under warranty (Corvettes of Westchester). I saw RacerX's car get a computer replaced and it had H/Cgears/tune...and they knew about the mods. The tech gets tipped and the dealer sells him all his cars (7 that I know of).

Simply go to the dealer that honors warranties on modded cars and buy your car from one that doesnt shaft guys for non-sense.

Dealers get paid for repairs regardless of fault. They arent going to tell a customer to pound pavement if they want repeat sales.
I took mine in and the Service writer was most worried about taking him for a ride! I have headers and F/I. A lot not stock.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by jksvet
That was the information I was looking for. Thanks
Those are good numbers as far as the gain which is the important part. From the baseline (starting point).
Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Thanks, you wouldn't be talking about Corvett Bill would you? He's a friend of mine who does the corvette work at one of the larger dealerships. He's also in the process of doing a complete frame off restoration of another friends 66 427. He also built another friend of mines z06. What a beast that thing is. This guy is great. He said he would do my instal for me as well as getting me lined up with a dyno tune. I'm not concerned about him taking care of any issues I may have, but I travel a alot with my cars and was just wondering what the difference would be making the mods without the tune.
Street tune > dyno tune.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Neumonic2002
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I'll be in touch. As Bill about his visit to the Cubans. He spent the night in my garage on one of his visits.
Sounds Great!

Just sent Billy a text to initiate the razzing process...

Quick Reply: Header and intake gains