C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is shift lock control solenoid located?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by C5pilot
I'm having this problem on my 07 right now. Using accessory mode didn't help in my case at all. I tried charging the battery, disconnecting the battery, banging on the lever, accessory mode, "key on, eng off" mode, but nothing worked. Car sat overnight at work (not great part of town!) and this morning it worked normally.

I'm not sure how accessory mode would help unless it's a brake circuit issue. If the solenoid isn't activating (burned out, stuck, etc), completing the circuit via another route (accessory mode) wouldn't do anything. Or am I missing something?
We're sorry that these procedures didn't work for you, C5pilot. Is there anything we can do to help you get this checked into further?

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM
C5pilot
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
We're sorry that these procedures didn't work for you, C5pilot. Is there anything we can do to help you get this checked into further?

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure what you could do. The dealer said they couldn't do anything if it was currently working properly. It's just as well because they charge me whenever they can't duplicate a problem even though I have a GM extended warranty.

For the last year I've had an intermittent problem with the speedometer gauge and HUD dropping to zero. Since they can't duplicate the problem they charge me for their time. I'm sure when my warranty runs out it will fail permanently so I can pay again.

In the mean time, I bought a new battery. It was 6 years old and I've been getting "No FOB detected" intermittently even though my FOB battery is brand new. I tried inserting the FOB into the glove box slot and it doesn't help. So who knows, maybe a new battery might solve all my intermittent electrical issues even though the car has always been on a battery tender and always started the car fine.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure what you could do. The dealer said they couldn't do anything if it was currently working properly. It's just as well because they charge me whenever they can't duplicate a problem even though I have a GM extended warranty.

For the last year I've had an intermittent problem with the speedometer gauge and HUD dropping to zero. Since they can't duplicate the problem they charge me for their time. I'm sure when my warranty runs out it will fail permanently so I can pay again.

In the mean time, I bought a new battery. It was 6 years old and I've been getting "No FOB detected" intermittently even though my FOB battery is brand new. I tried inserting the FOB into the glove box slot and it doesn't help. So who knows, maybe a new battery might solve all my intermittent electrical issues even though the car has always been on a battery tender and always started the car fine.
Hey C5,

Keep Sarah and I posted on how the new battery treats you. I have noticed on a lot of the treads that when intermittent electrical problems arise a new battery is needed. I am not a technician and cannot diagnose anything, just an observation. You can also send us your VIN and we can look for open service announcements. Let us know,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-29-2013, 11:17 AM
C5pilot
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hey C5,

Keep Sarah and I posted on how the new battery treats you. I have noticed on a lot of the treads that when intermittent electrical problems arise a new battery is needed. I am not a technician and cannot diagnose anything, just an observation. You can also send us your VIN and we can look for open service announcements. Let us know,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks, I will keep you posted. I'm charging the new battery now to make sure I have a good starting point. Nice to see a GM presence here.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:43 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 569 Likes on 346 Posts

Thanks, I will keep you posted. I'm charging the new battery now to make sure I have a good starting point. Nice to see a GM presence here.
Did the new battery work?
Old 09-19-2022, 05:08 PM
O8C6Vette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gents, this is old but I need y’all’s advice

Most people quote that the dealer says the entire shifter assy has to i be changed to get rid of the intermittent non functioning of the interlocking solenoid problem.
i have found just the solenoid to buy see pic below. Do you think I can just change the solenoid and solve this annoying problem? GM no longer stock the shifter assy.

Quick Reply: where is shift lock control solenoid located?