C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air conditioning blowing warm

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:59 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Reading and comprehension is fundamental. I didn't say "zero" % chance of getting caught and I didn't call you stupid but I clearly did say what you did was dangerously stupid.
Interesting...let's look at your statement from your previous post above:

"As far a the flying cap being "perfect" has nothing to do with it but being "stupid" has a whole lot to do with it."

From "Reading and Comprehension 101", "being" is an intransitive verb you're using as a copula. A copula is a passive or linking verb used to link the subject to a predicate adjective to express identity. In your sentence above, you're expressing yourself as perfect and me as stupid. Interesting how my comprehension is good in spite of "being" stupid. When you say you didn't call me stupid, you either can't comprehend what you write or you're lying. I don't really care what you call me, I just think it's funny watching you try to dig yourself out of a hole only to have the dirt come back down on you.

Originally Posted by saplumr
As far as your neighbor goes, so what. You repeatedly post the laws we all know exist but does this mean you even have any clue as to what goes on in this industry....absolutely not. The law was put in affect to scare business owners and service techs into compliance and we do comply. The $10K reward, sounds great but again proof and enforcement but with your vast knowledge I'm sure you know of some. I'll stand by my statement of never seen or heard of any enforcement official since we have been required to be certified by the RSES in the early 90's. The federal goverment has important things to deal with. As far as being "perfect" I have been in a successful business for 38 years and and we do strive for perfection. You can read and post all you want but you will never have any idea as to what actually occurs in this industry on a daily basis...no matter how hard you try, wish, think, speculate, bs, talk to your neighbor or guess and even attempting this is quite comical.

footnote: All the above info is just something I pulled off the internet and probably none has any basis or credibility except for the 38 years of being in the industry and 30 years of owning my own business which pales in comparison to the peristence, experience and knowledge of slipper. When I'm wrong I'm man enough to admit it and I admit it. I really have no idea why I even questioned slipper. I now bow down. Some day I hope I can be forgiven.
You're awfully naive to think the EPA doesn't go after individual polluters or a neighbor with a grudge against you won't turn you in. Whether you've seen it or not in your "38 years", it happens.

I don't mind being "questioned" as it's not unusual for me to screw something up. But you waded into this thread rudely proclaiming:

"I'm not sure where you got this false information but none of it is true."

...then I proceeded to prove that statement and many more to be incorrect. You still maintain you're perfect and never admitted you were wrong (bolded sarcasm in your last paragraph excluded). What's funny is how you attacked me then called me names and now you're trying to make out like you're the victim.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by glass slipper

You're awfully naive to think the EPA doesn't go after individual polluters or a neighbor with a grudge against you won't turn you in. Whether you've seen it or not in your "38 years", it happens.

I don't mind being "questioned" as it's not unusual for me to screw something up. But you waded into this thread rudely proclaiming:

"I'm not sure where you got this false information but none of it is true."

...then I proceeded to prove that statement and many more to be incorrect. You still maintain you're perfect and never admitted you were wrong (bolded sarcasm in your last paragraph excluded). What's funny is how you attacked me then called me names and now you're trying to make out like you're the victim.
I have already admitted that you have superior knowledge and expertise. I certainly am not worthy of debating you. What more can you possibly expect?

Quick Reply: air conditioning blowing warm