C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas pedal won't work- Reduced Engine Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the accelerator ped switch and see if your problem goes away.

BC
Old 08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the accelerator ped switch and see if your problem goes away.

BC

yea, I cleaned up the connectors and reconnect it before I removed it entirely, no luck. Should have the new pedal tomorrow or tues to try that out.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:20 AM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

The new pedal resolved the issue. I plugged it in and the car ran fine immediately and I drove it down the street to Advanced Auto Parts and cleared the 2 codes I posted initially and the CEL went away.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 AM
fred_S
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
The new pedal resolved the issue. I plugged it in and the car ran fine immediately and I drove it down the street to Advanced Auto Parts and cleared the 2 codes I posted initially and the CEL went away.
Thanks for the update
Old 08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Good to hear.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
jatolbert
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still running fine? Im having similar problems and replaced the pedal, no dice. Still happens although it is sporadically.

Josh
Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jatolbert
Still running fine? Im having similar problems and replaced the pedal, no dice. Still happens although it is sporadically.

Josh
yup... and it's been pushed especially hard the past few days to make up for lost time , do you have the same APPS sensor errors I had? or something else?

If you're getting the reduced power error randomly, sometimes it's the throttlebody if you've got a ported one or any other mods.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 PM
jatolbert
Racer

Ive gotten a few different errors. Most concerning apps A/B or D/E voltage correlation problem as well as one that says minimum throttle position not learned. I have stock throttle body.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 PM
jatolbert
Racer

The code is P2138. Got it again this weekend. Also, seems to be more likely to happen on rough roads so Im thinking maybe connection somewhere. Any ideas?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

What did the APP sensor cost you new?? This may be something that needs to be purchased before it really goes bad. Do you get a new sensor or the entire peddle??

ON HAND READY SPARES!

May have to get Gene Culley www.gmpartshouse.com to send me one!

Bill C
Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
jatolbert
Racer

What did the APP sensor cost you new?? This may be something that needs to be purchased before it really goes bad. Do you get a new sensor or the entire peddle??

ON HAND READY SPARES!

Bill C
I replaced entire APP sensor assembly (pedal included) but it didnt fix the problem so I sold it on the forum and put the old one back on..

Josh
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I replaced entire APP sensor assembly (pedal included) but it didnt fix the problem so I sold it on the forum and put the old one back on..

Josh
I can't imagine getting the P2138 code and have a new pedal not fix it. My only next guess would be a problem with a wire/connector at the pedal. Can you do a little investigation with a multimeter to check the wires and connections inside the plug?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:31 PM
jatolbert
Racer

Originally Posted by RicK T
I can't imagine getting the P2138 code and have a new pedal not fix it. My only next guess would be a problem with a wire/connector at the pedal. Can you do a little investigation with a multimeter to check the wires and connections inside the plug?
Thats what I thought as well. Ive checked wires from connector to ECM for resistance and the connector appeared to be in good shape for a good connection to APP but that might be it. Ill check again. The connection seems like a possible suspect as the code reads more often on rough roads. However, yesterday I wiggled the plug with the engine running buy no code was set. I was surprised. Ill check connector again.

Josh
Old 08-23-2010, 04:30 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

ON HAND READY SPARES!

Bill C

I got a take off pedal from someone who put on the elite engineering one for $50. Gene has them for ~$70
Old 08-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Josh
The C5's are BAD for this and I think the C6's are going to be also.

The Female electrical connector pins have a small metal tongue that makes the connection with the male pin. If that tongue bends or relaxes, it causes an intermittent connection that can be effected by vibration. heat and or cold. Heres an example of a C5 wheel speed sensor female pin that is bad. The tongue is completely compressed and the male pin, if inserted into the female pin will literaly fall out if tipped down:

The connector on the LEFT is new. The one on the RIGHT is BAD:

I use a male pin that I extracted out of a switch to test the grip of the female pins. Thats the only way to properly test them. There should be a nice firm grip on the male pin when inserting or extracting the pin:

Check the APP connector for damaged female pins.

BC
Old 08-23-2010, 10:06 PM
jatolbert
Racer

Thanks for taking the time to put up those photos. Ill check that out and report back. Thanks a ton.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default similar but different

I have an 05 m6 and i've been geting a "dead" pedal for a few weeks now. Out of the blue when slowing for a light the idle drops to 500 and I loose throttle response, I shut it down & restart it and it's fine until the next time if feels like acting up. I have also checked voltages & grounds and found nothing even with the t-body so today I swapped the gas pedal $100 and I'm hoping that this gets it.

Get notified of new replies

To Gas pedal won't work- Reduced Engine Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction

Old 10-28-2018, 08:14 AM
car-guy28
Cruising

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by C6BIX
I have that pedal you need man.. Just let me know I can send it out today for you..
Do you still have the pedals in stock, I need one?
Old 12-15-2020, 03:21 PM
mam3128
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TruckPlay, I am having the same thing come up, did the pedal swap resolve this issue?
Old 12-15-2020, 04:01 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,689 Posts

I just had to move the car out of the garage today and was able to do it w/o any gas pedal in the car ... that felt kinda weird. Hopefully the fact that it drove the exact same w/ the same errors w/ no pedal at all means the new one will fix it
This is a 10 year old thread...hopefully the OP solved his issue by now !!!

Quick Reply: Gas pedal won't work- Reduced Engine Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction