C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed: NXT STEP EXHAUST INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:47 AM
DonaldLB
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed: NXT STEP EXHAUST INSTALL

Installing NXT STEP exhaust on my 07 C6, having trouble getting passenger side over-axle pipe in position. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DonaldLB
Installing NXT STEP exhaust on my 07 C6, having trouble getting passenger side over-axle pipe in position. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
Never heard of "NXT STEP" exhaust. Call the manufacturer or vendor and see what they have to say about installation tips and techniques.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You didn't fill out your profile so we don't know what car you have. You need to be aware that there are at least 3 different axleback configurations for a C6.

1. '05 thru '08, 2.5"
2. '09 and up, 2.5"
3. Z06, 3.0"

The midpipe changed on the C6 in '09 so earlier passenger side axlebacks won't fit.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Sparo2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DonaldLB
Now are you having trouble getting the pipes over the axle?

If so, then try twisting the pipe in an effort to wiggle it in there. I don't know what exhaust that is so I don't know how it's configured. This is just what I do with the stock axle back, which is hard enough with those big mufflers in the way.

OR

Do you already have them over the axle and are just having problems getting everything to line up?

If this is your problem than you may have a part that was not made correctly. The instructions normally have tips on there.

BTW, of course the easiest way to get any axle back in there (regardless of size) is by lowering the cradle a little. But I hightly doubt they require that. I'm just saying as a last case senario.

Get notified of new replies

To Help needed: NXT STEP EXHAUST INSTALL

Quick Reply: Help needed: NXT STEP EXHAUST INSTALL