C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls3, 427 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 AM
dadsturn
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default ls3, 427 stroker

This is an engine that i am looking at to replace my LS1. I have read about concerns with the stroke being a possible problem in the LS3 block, and that the piston gets very close to the bottom of the bore.

What i havent seen or read about with one exception is people that have actually had a problem or problems with this set up. Engine builders are offering these set ups daily. If this was such a bad idea, and there were problems, i dont believe that i would be seeing the engine builders offering this combination.

Is there anyone that has acually had a bad experience due to the combination? If so, please put it up.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:01 PM
099blancoss
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

I run an even bigger stroke than that without issue and we've seen engines with issues with lesser of a stroke from other shops and amateur builders . If the design and implementation is correct you will, not have an issue. We could also do a 429 for you as well the same way. Choose your builder wisely and you don't have a problem.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm building a 429ci LS3 and from the research I have done it seems like all the major piston makers have figured out ring placement on these strokes now. Just buy for a builder or parts supplier with experence and a good rep and you shouldn't have any problems..

Get notified of new replies

To ls3, 427 stroker

Quick Reply: ls3, 427 stroker