C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service charging system warning - VICTORY

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWEST Z
Can someone tell me which wires connect to the starter selanoid terminal circled in this pic?

- I have the positive connection (like in the pic) but remember another wire or two connected as well?

- There is a small black wire with a yellow stripe that looks like a ground wire? Does this ground to the block above the starter or connect on the same terminal as the positive wire?

- I reconnected the wire that comes directly out of the starter back to it's terminal. This is correct.

- I plugged-in the purple wire to the selenoid (obviously this is correct).

I'm wondering if I pushed a wire back towards the bellhousing and out of sight?

Last edited by DSOMC6; 07-06-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM
RubenVette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the SCS warning light on and thanks to you guys got it fix . the fuse for the horn and alternator wend easy fix
Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 PM
C6topless
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
Can someone tell me which wires connect to the starter selanoid terminal circled in this pic?

- I have the positive connection (like in the pic) but remember another wire or two connected as well?

- There is a small black wire with a yellow stripe that looks like a ground wire? Does this ground to the block above the starter or connect on the same terminal as the positive wire?

- I reconnected the wire that comes directly out of the starter back to it's terminal. This is correct.

- I plugged-in the purple wire to the selenoid (obviously this is correct).

I'm wondering if I pushed a wire back towards the bellhousing and out of sight?
If you dont get an answer by this weekend, I will look under mine. I know the wire you circled is the positive line for the battery -- and you are correct in the placement of the " purple wire".... i think the black and yellow wire may be a ground... and if it is you dont want it flopping around as that could cause you problems... BUT .. I am not 100% sure until I check my set up .. I am sure someone will give you an answer shortly.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by C6topless
If you dont get an answer by this weekend, I will look under mine. I know the wire you circled is the positive line for the battery -- and you are correct in the placement of the " purple wire".... i think the black and yellow wire may be a ground... and if it is you dont want it flopping around as that could cause you problems... BUT .. I am not 100% sure until I check my set up .. I am sure someone will give you an answer shortly.
I should of deleted my post. A short time after posting this I found the missing wire (alternator) tucked back towards the bellhousing. With a turbo mounted to the ex manifold, removing/working on the starter is a HUGH pia. Thanx for the response.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
C6topless
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
I should of deleted my post. A short time after posting this I found the missing wire (alternator) tucked back towards the bellhousing. With a turbo mounted to the ex manifold, removing/working on the starter is a HUGH pia. Thanx for the response.
hey no problem -- willing to help out anytime.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Clevite Kid
Good Info - one more thing,

Move the alternator wire away from the No. 1 spark plug wire, look here for a photo:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1571481327-post58.html
Great info.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6topless
Reply sent -- You are not that far of a drive from me btw...

P.S. that is extremely common problem ( i.e. the melting ) ... I am experimenting with a heat shield from a Chevy truck to see if that will help .. it was a pain in the *** getting it to fit.. so I hope it works...
Napa sells a starter bag that I use on all my cars.Easy install too.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Ken Rahaim
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Resurrecting this thread from the dead to say thanks for all the suggestions in this thread and in others. I'm in the middle of battling the dreaded "Service Charging System" message. Hopefully the latest tightenings will resolve the problem.
The following users liked this post:
dmoneychris (10-15-2016)

Quick Reply: service charging system warning - VICTORY