C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek is so good, I'm shipping my car 1500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:28 PM
xstang
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Good move on the heads, that car is going to be serious.
I hope so... I told Julio to set it up like it's his

Last edited by xstang; 05-07-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I brought my car to them (Cartek) and was NOT looking to be the fastest C6 at the track...I wanted "Consistency" and boy did I get it.. in good air I run very low 12's but my car has made it to the "Division 1" Finals" 3 times in the last 4 years...2 times w/me driving, & 1 time with Jeanne Linke driving it...

With my "Tag" weather station I can predict my ET within .02 ...99% of the time...

This year Jeanne drove it (and WON) the first Corvette Challenge at E Town.. & I'm in the top 10 after 2 races...

My thinking is a low 12 second car will have less traction problems, and it has worked so far... I also drive it 100 miles each way to & from the track....

Bottom line my car is "Dead Nuts" for a bracket car.. the only weak link is the driver, & thats why I have Jeanne Drive it..

Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
I brought my car to them (Cartek) and was NOT looking to be the fastest C6 at the track...I wanted "Consistency" and boy did I get it.. in good air I run very low 12's but my car has made it to the "Division 1" Finals" 3 times in the last 4 years...2 times w/me driving, & 1 time with Jeanne Linke driving it...

With my "Tag" weather station I can predict my ET within .02 ...99% of the time...

This year Jeanne drove it (and WON) the first Corvette Challenge at E Town.. & I'm in the top 10 after 2 races...

My thinking is a low 12 second car will have less traction problems, and it has worked so far... I also drive it 100 miles each way to & from the track....

Bottom line my car is "Dead Nuts" for a bracket car.. the only weak link is the driver, & thats why I have Jeanne Drive it..

come on JPEE that's not the only reason you let her drive, you sure it isn't because she is very beautiful
Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
come on JPEE that's not the only reason you let her drive, you sure it isn't because she is very beautiful
I'll answer that with one question.... Is she one "AWESOME" driver or not !!... that should answer you question.... and yes you could say "She is easy on the eyes"
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I would still let Jeanne drive my car even if she wasn't one of the best amateur drag racers I've ever met (and she really is ).
Old 05-07-2011, 11:42 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats on the building of a BEAST!

Did you look at LMR (Late Model Racecraft) in Houston? They build some Stupid quick cars! They are also just in Houston (which is quite a bit closer than Joisey).

I'm not associated with LMR, just have see some of their stuff in action!

Good Luck!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 AM
xstang
Drifting

Originally Posted by FreddyG
Congrats on the building of a BEAST!

Did you look at LMR (Late Model Racecraft) in Houston? They build some Stupid quick cars! They are also just in Houston (which is quite a bit closer than Joisey).

I'm not associated with LMR, just have see some of their stuff in action!

Good Luck!
Freddy, I did consider them, but Cartek was just my first choice. I flew to NJ for a track rental a while back and I was impressed with how all the Cartek cars were running. That trip stuck in my mind and probably was a factor in my decision.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll answer that with one question.... Is she one "AWESOME" driver or not !!... that should answer you question.... and yes you could say "She is easy on the eyes"
it definitely is a plus plus
Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xstang
Freddy, I did consider them, but Cartek was just my first choice. I flew to NJ for a track rental a while back and I was impressed with how all the Cartek cars were running. That trip stuck in my mind and probably was a factor in my decision.
Cool, just throwing out another option, just in case you didn't know of them!

Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
AlwaysNBoost
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You made a excellent choice by having your car done by cartek. Cartek did my car about 2yrs ago and the car is still running strong like it just came out the shop. I support them 100% Check out my profile to see my mod or pm me
Old 05-31-2015, 05:26 PM
xstang
Drifting

Getting close:

[/URL]

Quick Reply: Cartek is so good, I'm shipping my car 1500 miles