C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5/C6 Diff conversion bracket......UPDATE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info on C5/C6 Diff swap! Thanks!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 AM
superchargedc6
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So let me get this straight.

ANY C5 or C5Z diff will bolt directly into a 2005 car with the exception of the mount ?

Does this include the 2005 auto/4L65 cars ?

My biggest concern is getting connected to the back of the A4 trans. Making a diff mount is no big deal.

If that's the case... I'll be soon shopping for a C5 diff.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a bracket to use a 2006+ C6 Diff in a 2005?.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM
ASarsano
Racer

Deff wanna get some info about buying the bolt on bracket for my 05 to use my 04 Z06 diff. PMed u about possibly purchasing one from you
Old 01-12-2013, 02:31 PM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't seem to see the pictures in the first post. Does anyone else have problems viewing them?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM
ASarsano
Racer

not jut u i cant see em either
Old 09-06-2020, 09:29 PM
The_Wheelman
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sparo2
Hey guys,

Some months ago I posted pics of my diff bracket that I created to allow me to bolt up a C5 diff in my 2005 C6. We all know how weak the diffs are in the 2005 C6 and when I broke mines I couldn't afford to buy a C6 diff and pay to get it built. So I created a bracket to allow me to use a C5 diff which is stronger and cheaper. It was an aluminum bracket made of 6061 T6 that worked great but unfortunetly the CNC machine I was using to make the brackets has been out of service for a few months and a buddy of mine had just blown his diff in his C6 3 wks ago. So I had to help him. With no CNC machine I decided to make one again out of steel just like the first bracket I made, only stronger and better.

What I came up with was a simple yet very strong design. I didn't think about taking any pics of the bracket once installed but I did remember to take a few pics of the 2nd bracket I just made.

Here it is...

Here is a pic of the bracket that's welded to the cradle.....

I've also created a bracket that REQUIRES NO WELDING AT ALL!!!! It's a complete bolt-on application which uses this bracket as well. I just have a little more welding to do to it and it's finished. I'll post pics of it once it's painted and if I can find another C6 locally i'll take pics of it installed.

Engoy...

UPDATE!!!!!

Ok guys here is the "bolt-on" version of the bracket. Since I couldn't find a local candidate to try out the new bracket and all my buddies already have the "weldon" version, I had to try it myself. So I ripped out my welded base plate and installed this unit. Here are a few pics...

Here is the lower bracket bolted to the cradle. The only modification to the cradle is drilling 4 holes. Everything else bolts right up.

Here is a pic of the bottom of the cradle with the bracket bolted up.

And here is the upper and lower bracket installed on my car.

Enjoy...
Any chance I can get some fresh pics of that mount? all the images are are "currently unavailable".
The following users liked this post:
schpenxel (09-06-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Trick-Trucks-ElCajon
2nd Gear

Do you still offer either of your conversion brackets? If so we are very interested in buying one. You can call me at my shop if possible at 619-588-1500 and my name is Jon
Old 01-25-2021, 02:45 PM
JayTheHobo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there sorry to bother but if you are still making these brackets I would love to purchase one. My number is 9548643727. Thank you.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:58 AM
rwmorton44
1st Gear

stanger383
I need one of your c5 to c6 diff brackets (bolt in) so can we use paypal? My account is rwmorton44@gmail.com.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:11 PM
bfd_c6
3rd Gear

Hey guys,

Some months ago I posted pics of my diff bracket that I created to allow me to bolt up a C5 diff in my 2005 C6. We all know how weak the diffs are in the 2005 C6 and when I broke mines I couldn't afford to buy a C6 diff and pay to get it built. So I created a bracket to allow me to use a C5 diff which is stronger and cheaper. It was an aluminum bracket made of 6061 T6 that worked great but unfortunetly the CNC machine I was using to make the brackets has been out of service for a few months and a buddy of mine had just blown his diff in his C6 3 wks ago. So I had to help him. With no CNC machine I decided to make one again out of steel just like the first bracket I made, only stronger and better.

What I came up with was a simple yet very strong design. I didn't think about taking any pics of the bracket once installed but I did remember to take a few pics of the 2nd bracket I just made.

Here it is...

I've also created a bracket that REQUIRES NO WELDING AT ALL!!!! It's a complete bolt-on application which uses this bracket as well. I just have a little more welding to do to it and it's finished. I'll post pics of it once it's painted and if I can find another C6 locally i'll take pics of it installed.

Engoy...

UPDATE!!!!!

Ok guys here is the "bolt-on" version of the bracket. Since I couldn't find a local candidate to try out the new bracket and all my buddies already have the "weldon" version, I had to try it myself. So I ripped out my welded base plate and installed this unit. Here are a few pics...

Here is the lower bracket bolted to the cradle. The only modification to the cradle is drilling 4 holes. Everything else bolts right up.

Enjoy...
Do you still have these for sale?? If so please contact me at elijahallmond@gmail.com. I’m in need of one ASAP
Old 04-01-2022, 03:32 PM
corvettevette
3rd Gear

Default Please help

Hey guys,

Here it is...

Engoy...

UPDATE!!!!!

Enjoy...

Hey!

do you have them available still I’m doing my conversion and can’t seem to find anything!

thanks!
Old 07-29-2022, 08:40 PM
Dcschaible
Heel & Toe

Hey guys,

Here it is...

Engoy...

UPDATE!!!!!

Enjoy...
do you sell these by chance? Currently doing this same install but am unable to find a bracket weld on or bolt on. Would just to buy one if at all possible...
Old 08-08-2022, 09:05 PM
francis26
1st Gear

Where i can buy these braket?
The following users liked this post:
toler (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 02:09 PM
toler
1st Gear

Default Any vendors for these brackets still?

Would love to find one for sale!! Or the jig measurements maybe
Old 03-19-2024, 10:36 PM
GawdRilla
2nd Gear

Hi, Are the pics to this somewhere? Please help!!
Old 03-19-2024, 10:37 PM
GawdRilla
2nd Gear

Did you find them?

Quick Reply: C5/C6 Diff conversion bracket......UPDATE!!!