C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa extreme question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
USNC6Vette
Advanced

Location: Portsmouth, nh, kittery, me, groton, ct, Torrance, ca Ct, me, nh, ca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa extreme question.

I am thinking of purchasing the corsa extremes for my 05 vette/Manual, i notice its only an axle back, my question is if i want to do headers with hi-flow cats later on what kinda section do i need i saw post about h-pipes, and x-pipes but idk which would be best. also these axle backs will they bolt straight up to the stock system for now?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,354 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by USNC6Vette
I am thinking of purchasing the corsa extremes for my 05 vette/Manual, i notice its only an axle back, my question is if i want to do headers with hi-flow cats later on what kinda section do i need i saw post about h-pipes, and x-pipes but idk which would be best. also these axle backs will they bolt straight up to the stock system for now?
The axle backs should bolt in place of your stock muffs with no trouble. You probably need to go with what the header mfg has for mid pipes. X pipe would be the quietest and smoothest followed by the H pipe. No connection of the sides would net you the loudest/most aggressive exhaust note....if that's what you're after.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Corsa Xtremes with headers. They all bolt right up with no issues (depending on the fitment of the headers.) I had the Corsa's first bolted to the factory H-pipe then I got the LG Super Pro headers. It all bolts right up. If you get headers the x-pipe is included most of the time. You would get rid of the h-pipe. No need to ditch the h-pipe until you get headers. I was a little confused by your post so I hope this answers your questions.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa extreme question.

Quick Reply: Corsa extreme question.