C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halltech Super Bee onboard Katech's Highest HP Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech Super Bee onboard Katech's Highest HP Z06

Jason's thread on the other forum: He also claims that the Super Bee helps attenuate the normal surging condition found in most overlap style cams. This cam was the Stage 3 GM cam.
Check out this awesome Katech build sheet:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...no-record.html
With the Z06's 5th and 6th gear ratios I was concerned that the bucking at low rpm low throttle input could be intolerable. It's not. I attribute that to a few factors. The car is equipped with all of the ingredients that really help to smooth out a big cam. First, it has a Halltech Superbee CF 112 intake with the MAF forward design. I've noticed that this slightly improves the drivability of the Torquer cam on my car and it's even more of an improvement with the GM Stage 3. I believe the MAF forward design moves the MAF sensor futher away from being buffeted by cam pulses.
Katech has been running our Super Bee at the track, dyno testing it vs. other intakes, and sells only Halltech intakes.

They have never popped codes, even under the stress at the track due to our intake systems.

Katech uses the Halltech Killer Bee 1st generation on their Dyno Cell 2 for all engines they build and dyno. They now have the Super Bee MF103 ready to replace the Killer Bee.

Jim Hall

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 07-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Halltech Super Bee onboard Katech's Highest HP Z06