C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 auto shift lever locks up

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Dary
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 auto shift lever locks up

Has anyone had their shift lever lock in park when you try to shift out of park? When I start my 2005 C6 auto I put my foot on the brake push the release lever on the shifter and it will not come out of park its locked up? I have tried restarting the car and go thru the same procedure and its still locked in park. Sometimes after I play with it it will release out of park but now it dos it almost all the time. Is there a release switch on the shifter that releases it when you put the brake on and push hte release button on the shifter?
Any help you can give me would be appreciated!!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:12 AM
HERCULESTERRA
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BOY DO I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!! I AM ON MY 3rd SHIFTER. NOT ONLY DID MINE LOCK IN PARK 5 TIMES, IT LOCKED IN D R N. TALK ABOUT A HELPLESS CAR IF YOU CAN'T SHIFT INTO PARK. IT HAS BEEN TOWED IN TO CHEVY DEALER 6 TIMES NOW. OF COURSE EACH TIME YOU GET TOWED--MORE SCRAPES ON BOTTOM OF CAR. HARD TO DEPEND ON THE THING!! LAST SHIFTER WAS PUT IN ON SEPT. 1st 2014. I PROBABLY SHOULD MENTION IT IS A 2007 WITH 19,000 MILES ON IT.
CHEVY INDICATED IT WAS GETTING POWER TO THE INTERLOCK ON THE SHIFTER BUT NOT DEACTIVATING THE LOCK PIN. ONE OF THE CHEVY DEALERS SAID TO TAKE FOB AND RAPIDLY LOCK--UNLOCK CAR. THAT DOSN'T WORK.

JUST RE-READ MY REPLY TO YOU AND YOU ARE PROBABLY DEPRESSED--YOU ASKED FOR HELP. WISH I HAD THE ANSWER TO.

Last edited by HERCULESTERRA; 09-20-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: EXTRA INFO

Quick Reply: C6 auto shift lever locks up