C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 03:43 PM
05torch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)

I've read plenty of older threads and it appears that my RCDLR is not functioning properly and my question is - if I replace it myself, the dealer would still need to initialize or program it - right? If so then I might as well have a flatbed take the 05 C6 to the dealer and let them troubleshoot. This pains me since I've never had to resort to towing a vehicle and relying on a dealer to repair it.

Just in case I'm missing something, here are the symptoms:

* Replaced fob batteries (Energizer) in both even though were replaced last year - neither work
* Optima Yellow top installed last year, on charger the whole time, and passed a load test
* Burglar alarm LED flashes normally
* fob lock/unlock/trunk buttons do nothing
* Squeeze driver's door pad and get a clicking sound, but door doesn't open, the LED doesn't light, and the window has dropped about 3 inches and stays there
* Squeeze passenger door pad and window indexes down/up, LED flashes on, but door doesn't open
* Cannot open or unlock doors from inside
* ACC button doesn't activate
* Red light (RAP) will light
* Interior, trunk, and hood lights come on - horn works
* Pushing radio button causes clock time to be displayed
* Start button is illuminated after the driver's door is closed, but car doesn't turn over - hear clicking sounds
* fob in glovebox transmitter pocket doesn't work
* Tried matching fob to car - Opened trunk and turned key 5 times within 5 seconds, but no DIC display
Old 09-10-2011, 07:02 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds more like a battery issue or a ground. First thing I would do is to get someone with a scan tool. I have had the earlier cars do some real weird things if a battery is disconnected or drained. I have had to go in with a Tech2 scan tool to clear all know DTCs from all the devices in the car, these would include the RCDLR, BCM, PCM, door, radio and other modules that are in the cars CAN network.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
'VETTE PHASE
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I'd have to go with the battery also. Optimas are notorious for being crap batteries, but they have a great warranty. A battery can "seem" fine, but if it has a bad cell it will cause all kinds of electrical problems. Try a battery out of another car and see if it still has the same issues.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:19 PM
King Ace
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever change out you RCDLR? Did the dealer have to reprogram the receiver?
Old 05-22-2019, 03:32 PM
2008 Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 766 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
Default Rcdlr

Originally Posted by King Ace
Did you ever change out you RCDLR? Did the dealer have to reprogram the receiver?
. 8 year old thread. FYI.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by King Ace

On some cars that see rough road use, have seen such take out the RCDLR. Same with water damage to the RCDLR boards, and even with a few on board relays that have worn out.

When the RCDLR is flashed, it makes sure that the GM security hand shake code is all the same with all the needed modules on the car. So short of a board that can no be repaired to solve it problems (since it will maintain the security code number as it being repaired), best to have the new RCDLR firmware flashed to the car.

Also, before replacing a RCDLR, pull codes to make dam sure the module is the problem. Hence has seen some RCRLR (and other connectors) so corroded, that its the corrosion on the connector pins the problem alone instead.

Last edited by Dano523; 05-24-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)

Quick Reply: RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)