C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schematic of auto-dim rear view mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 AM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Schematic of auto-dim rear view mirror?

Sick of the auto dim delay in being effective want manual control.
Also having a stupid airbag light on all the time instead of just the ON part when the damn thing is being sat on is stupid as well.

So if anyone has electrical schematics of the mirror circuits and componants that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I could hack a solution.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I agree about the airbag light, an orange light in an airplane means something is wrong.
I'm planning to get a small piece of window tint to place over the airbag light, should make it less distracting and might also change the color.

I've learned to tolerate the auto-dimming, though I wish it was better.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:20 PM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
I agree about the airbag light, an orange light in an airplane means something is wrong.
I'm planning to get a small piece of window tint to place over the airbag light, should make it less distracting and might also change the color.

I've learned to tolerate the auto-dimming, though I wish it was better.

I'm coming home more in the dark now and it's reminding me how much I hate how slow it reacts with trucks and SUVs with HIDs popping up behind me all the time. Why there was no simple "ON" mode escapes me.

My plan is to disconnect wires to the airbag light except the tiny "ON" portion and to hook up a switch to a circuit that will "spoof" the light sensor being at full sense.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Be careful with the airbag system, we don't want to be reading about you in the newspaper!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
Be careful with the airbag system, we don't want to be reading about you in the newspaper!

Should be ok since it is just a status light, I haven't looked at the mirror assembly yet to see if it is easily opened, or if this is something I have to do elsewhere under the dash.

If the mirror opens easily, I may be able to get by without a schematic, but the sensor is something I need to understand how that companant works.

Get notified of new replies

To Schematic of auto-dim rear view mirror?

Quick Reply: Schematic of auto-dim rear view mirror?