C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Mode Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 02:31 PM
jashmore1234
Le Mans Master

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggins82abn
I added DMH electronic cutout to mine and it cost about 600 total cost to have it installed including parts. I highly recommend this setup. It puts the exhaust note in your control, and open cutouts sound amazing.
I did the QTP Cutouts. Love the sound and the ability to be quiet as a church mouse.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Factory NPP mufflers are OPEN by default. Vacuum closes the valves above idle to 3500rpms by an electronic signal. OP can simply bolt them on and they will be OPEN all the time until he decides to install vacuum and a controller. Most guys that have the factory option simply pull the fuse and they stay open all the time.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:20 AM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

I just had NPPs added to my '07 vert to allow more hp than the stock exhaust would permit with the Edelbrock s/c. The really great part is the special Sunset Orange controller. I can select quiet, above a user-set rpm, and full open (loud!) at the touch of a button. Sadly my controller, which is integrated into the DIC display, is no longer for sale and the web site is off-line.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:29 PM
carpayne
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a npp for sale off of a 2011 grand sport 27000 miles, tips have been polished.
450.00 shipped I am out of town til Monday, I can post pics Monday afternoon
Old 07-02-2016, 04:34 PM
carpayne
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I installed B&B fusion

Old 07-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,013 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Originally Posted by ROD BROWN
I don't think the NPP exhaust is worth the money.You have to rev up pretty high thru the gears to open the npp.I have it on my car.It came with it but it seldom opens up.Just my 2 cents.Rod
Life made easy,and either just bypass the pneumatic valve so the gates open when you get into the gas pedal deep to begin with, or just pull the fuse so the gates stay open instead.

Hence the pneumatic vavle does not close until the motor gets to 3k with a specific gas pedal press to allow the gates to snap open to put the car into loud mode.

NPP muffler, and the left and right tubes are the quiet tips piping, and the cross pipe is the tip that has the NPP valve on it, a direct through muffler route isntead when the NPP gate is open (holes in the pipe just make it a glass pack design instead).

Old 07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Jay462
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
Life made easy,and either just bypass the pneumatic valve so the gates open when you get into the gas pedal deep to begin with, or just pull the fuse so the gates stay open instead.

Hence the pneumatic vavle does not close until the motor gets to 3k with a specific gas pedal press to allow the gates to snap open to put the car into loud mode.

NPP muffler, and the left and right tubes are the quiet tips piping, and the cross pipe is the tip that has the NPP valve on it, a direct through muffler route isntead when the NPP gate is open (holes in the pipe just make it a glass pack design instead).

The perforated center pipe indicates it's a z06 dual-mode muffler and not a base NPP muffler (which has a solid pipe). The perforated system is not as loud. People retrofit it, however, by clamping or welding pipe over those perforations.

There are tooooons of ways to control this exhaust. I used a vacuum pump

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ne-intake.html

Most people use engine vacuum (like was done on the factory option, but a switch is used aftermarket) or just pull the fuse or add a switch to the fuse if factory equipped. However, if factory equipped, you can't make it quiet full time (valves closed through the whole RPM range) without modifying the system.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:44 AM
MarkAnthony
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Npp

Originally Posted by carpayne
I have a npp for sale off of a 2011 grand sport 27000 miles, tips have been polished.
If they are fully functional....I'm interested....
Old 07-06-2016, 10:23 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,297 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I put a Mild to Wild switch on my 3LT NPP equipped GS and just leave it open all of the time.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:49 PM
UTGS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carpayne
Just signed up to the forums (just got my first Corvette 2 weeks ago) so I don't think I can PM? But I'll buy your exhaust assuming its not damaged (but doesnt sound like it is).
Old 07-08-2016, 10:53 PM
zskiii
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedforhire
Factory NPP mufflers are OPEN by default. Vacuum closes the valves above idle to 3500rpms by an electronic signal. OP can simply bolt them on and they will be OPEN all the time until he decides to install vacuum and a controller. Most guys that have the factory option simply pull the fuse and they stay open all the time.
Which fuse do you pull to keep the exhaust open all the time?

Quick Reply: Dual Mode Exhaust