C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difficulty shifting into 2nd gear

Old 09-09-2014, 02:38 PM
leveesedge
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulty shifting into 2nd gear

My 2010 ZR1 has had difficulty going into 2nd gear since I bought it.
It shifts fine if I am accelerating or shifting aggressively, but if I am accelerating slowly or shift slowly or deliberately, it grinds going into
2nd gear and won't go. I have to go to third or try again.
2 dealers have checked it out and say they can't reproduce the problem so there must not be a problem. I don't realy have time to go drive it with them.
Any ideas?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:49 PM
JakeC6Racing
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a similar issue. No grinding but every now and then it won't fully engage second gear. It feels like I'm hitting some sort of rubber barrier and it pops back into neutral. I had a similar issue on my 2012 5.0 and changed out the shifter bracket and that cured the issue. I actually got my MGW shifter in the mail yesterday, so if I have time to install that one day this week I'll let you know if that fixes my problem. I'm hoping it's just the shifter
Old 09-09-2014, 10:09 PM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

mine was not going into 5th without a nice grind. GM says its my MGW shifter and denied warranty fix.... nice right? 100k mile warranty doesnt help me with 13k miles on the clock

Get notified of new replies

To Difficulty shifting into 2nd gear

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Difficulty shifting into 2nd gear