C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ERL superdeck short block power limits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 PM
gunns0331
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERL superdeck short block power limits?

I just ordered my ERL superdeck short block it's an LS3 427 it will be blue printed and balanced. I had the LS7 heads sent to Frankenstein and I'm going with a cam motions cam. ERL said the CR with be 11:5 to 1 but the heads are going to put it closer to 12 to 1. I plan on running pump gas (93 Oct here in NC.) I also ordered a mantic twin disc clutch to hold the power. I'm looking to spray it. How much power should this set up make na? How much should this set up hold. ERL said 1000 hp.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

For N/A, it depends on the cam grind, whether auto/manual, headers, etc. Maybe 600 at the engine?

Certainly for starters, on the max, I would go with what they say (1000 hp), since they built the engine, and seem to be reputable.

As you know, you could easily ruin it at much less HP levels with a bad tune, etc.

OR, you can produce a lot more HP if you are careful, don't use the HP a lot, etc.

As with any custom build, each case is different, so there is no right answer to your question

Last edited by Seadawg; 08-06-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:15 AM
gunns0331
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadawg
For N/A, it depends on the cam grind, whether auto/manual, headers, etc. Maybe 600 at the engine?

Certainly for starters, on the max, I would go with what they say (1000 hp), since they built the engine, and seem to be reputable.

As you know, you could easily ruin it at much less HP levels with a bad tune, etc.

OR, you can produce a lot more HP if you are careful, don't use the HP a lot, etc.

As with any custom build, each case is different, so there is no right answer to your question

Thank you. The cam will be a BTR Stage 4. I have 1 7/8 L.T. L.G.'s with an off road x pipe. The motor is going back into my C6 Z, its a 6sp manual. I am wanting 600 rwhp. :-/
Old 08-06-2015, 11:18 AM
MyLS1Hauls
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

You should be able to break 600rwhp on a dynojet, with that cam, ported heads, 12:1CR, ported or FAST/MSD intake.

Get notified of new replies

To ERL superdeck short block power limits?

Quick Reply: ERL superdeck short block power limits?